1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Prenatal vitamins

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by prihmks, Mar 31, 2010.

1. prihmks

prihmks New IL'ite

I'm in my 8th mnth pregnancy. I was using Iron, Calcium, Multi-vitamin+folicacid tabs. After moving to US my doc asked me to stop Multi-vitamin+folicacid because it has Vit A in high dose. She asked me to use Prenatal vitamins from store instead of Multi-vitamin+folicacid.

Please suggest on this. Will there be any brand for this?

2. lavisri2004

lavisri2004 New IL'ite

Hey,

Any store brand pf prenatal vitamins are good, if u have rite aid or walgreens or cvs , they have their own brands of prenatal vitamins, infact if u ask ur doctor they wud give samples from their clinics too.

Initally when I was pregnant I got it from my local drug store but later on my doctor gave prenatal vitamins tht he had till my delivery and I consumed it even after delivery which wil help in production of milk, so they are very good, not to worry!!!

Good Luck!!!

3. sweety20

sweety20 New IL'ite

priyanka,
    i am not preganant.but started using pre natals as i am planning..........
    As per my friends and wellwishers suggestions.............I bought naturemade prenatal multi vitamins (including folic acid) with DHA. DHA is very important for nervous system development of baby. It's available in costco 90 tablets for $16 or so............. I use this as my friends used them. But, any brand of prenatal vitamins is good enough and should take care that it do not cross a total of 10000 units per daily dosage.

Sweety20

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My recommendation is the Rainbow Light prenatal vitamin. These prenatal vitamins can be taken before pregnancy, during pregnancy, and afterwards. They are safe to use while breastfeeding too. They contain all the essential nutrients and also include ginger juice extract, which prevents constipation. They don't contain any dyes, artificial colors, or sweeteners. They are also free of animal products and by-products, so it is perfect for vegetarians.

You can buy these in any regular drugstore like CVS or Walgreens. If you can't find it there, look for them in Trader Joe's.

5. prihmks

prihmks New IL'ite

Hi all,

Nice suggestions from all of you. Thanks a bunch :)

Started using Nature made vitamins, with doc sugg.

6. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

hi prihmks,

Congrats on your pregnancy. My doc didn't suggest any brand, so I am taking finest prenatal complete. Do the brands make any difference ?

take care

7. sanjitha

sanjitha New IL'ite

Hi,

Please note that all prenatals are not the same, and some of these might have a adverse reaction with your particular body. Typically ask your ob/gyn to give you samples of different brands and try them and see what works for you (eg, no diarrhea, vomiting, nausea etc) then purchase that one.

Gesticare DHA, pink box with baby in the front worked fabulously with me. It is expensive with an $40 co pay but it is indeed worth it for me.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Sanjitha