Prenatal Vitamins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by rakheernath, Aug 30, 2013.

1. rakheernath

rakheernath New IL'ite

Hi all,

Which brand of prenatal vitamins you prefer?Recently I changed mine to Similac brand with DHA,but I am in doubt whether its the cause for my constipation.I am taking orange,prune juice,drinking plenty of fluids etc still the same condition?

2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am using naturemade with DHA, initially fr first week it caused me loose motions. but later i got adjusted with it.

All of my friends used it for their pregnancy and their babies turned out to be healthy.

Please consult ur doctor for ur query. In USA, we have this advantage of calling our nurse and asking them to clarify our doubts.

I have however heard the same from others and read in forums, they say similac is causing them constipation.

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Isn't it common with Iron in it? I think any brand is the same...I'm using Natures good from Costco. It has DHA too.

4. rakheernath

rakheernath New IL'ite

Thanks Shruti and rose8282 for ur suggestions.Previously I was taking Twinlab's prenatal,just last week changed to Similac.So I am planning to stop for 3 days and watch...

5. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    u can also consult ur doc/nurse on ur probs.just a fone call away. Usually doc suggest to take prenatals daily.

6. rakheernath

rakheernath New IL'ite

Hi Shrutimanjunath,

Actually Dr. prescribed one,but when checked with pharmacy,it was little bit costly.Its 80$ for 30 gels.So chose not to buy it.I am planning of buying Naturemade,will see..

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013