1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy Weight Gain: help needed to control it.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sankasailaja, Dec 6, 2007.

1. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi frnds now i am in end of 8th month,today when i went for doctor checkup,i heard a

bad news ,that i gained little bit overweight and baby is growing ok,he said to reduce

fat food to some extent,but not to do diet at this time.some times baby will be

overweigh or ur body may swell,so try to reduce weight.

plz frnds any body suggest what to take good for me and to avoid foods at this time

and moreoveras i live in usa,though my hubby helps me sometime,but i have to

prepare for myself,help me.

I am expecting my parents in few days,meanwhile my frnds u help me

what food to take and which food to avoid

plz help me soon........

thanks in advance

bye

2. schamala

schamala New IL'ite

Hi Sailaja,

Dont worry, you'll be ok. You should eat fresh fruits, avoid fatty foods. And eat less and more frequently(like 5-6times) instead of eating more for 2-3times a day. And as you are in your 8th month, you may feel heavy for small amounts of intake also as the baby is almost fully grown now.
    And also when you breastfeed your baby after delivery, you'll lose 500cals each day if you do breastfeed. So its good for both you and your baby and it may help reduce your weight. You can start your exercises after some 2-3months of delivery and go according to your doctor's suggestion for exercise also.

Sandhya

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    as the other friend suggested eat more fruits & vegs.avoid refined food like bread,noodle, biscuits as much as possible.keep some fruits & nuts (unsalted )within easy reach so that whenever u feel hungry u can eat it .
    too much weight gain should be avoided in last mths as it can lead to problems for u like piles,breathlessness& depression.