1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Predators - BEWARE

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Anitap, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends,

If you have missed satchi's latest snippet, please go through it- http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/214467-trust-betrayed.html.

I am posting this in the married forum because this is the most targeted subforum.

There are a few members (some claim to be men and some claim to be women) who prowl the threads and target ladies who seem to be unhappy in their marriages.

Some of them are real sweet talkers and posing as timid helpless persons, they post their own heart wrenching sob stories. Any member who posts in that thread gets a friend invite and pm asking for help in the form of guidance.
    1. How do I tackle my abusive inlaws?
    2. Please teach me how to talk back when they taunt me
    3. I spoke back to mil / sil like this. Am I correct? Should I have used a better comeback?
    4. You are like a sister to me. You are the only person to whom I am asking for help.

Please be aware that such pm gets sent to many ladies every day.
    And sometimes there is no need for pm communication if the same can be done openly in the forum.

The next step is asking for a chat outside IL. Once a person gets their hands on your gmail (or any) id, it is quite easy to hack it and read all your emails and also know people on your contact list. Ip address and your location can easily be found out from email headers.

Similarly many rant about their family members here and have also befriended one another in Facebook where they have posted family photos. Last week, I was able to see the faces of a few members just by finding one member in Facebook. I could do it accidentally. So if a person sets their mind on tracking you, it is not going to be impossible.

So please do not believe every sob story and share too much information.

Avoid pm communication with brand new members.
    Watch them for many months. Your safety comes first.

And some male members are known for sending explicit pm.
    Report those immediately. Your names will not be revealed. But action will be taken.

There was a male member who loved to impress ladies with his sob stories and his creative crafts. And members were mighty impressed with his efforts to please his wife. But that work was actually lifted off from a website and the thread has been removed now.

If you are being bombarded with pm from a member asking for personal information, please do not reply. But report it. Then it will be easy to identify perpetual offenders. And their ip address will be added to a watch list. This is for your safety and the safety of others too.

Not that I wanted to be preachy today. We are all adults and we know how to be safe online.

Just that in the heat of the moment, in an urge to help another member, people ignore their own safety concerns.

Please post here or pm me if you have any suspicion about any member.

100 people like this.

2. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

Anita,
    :thankyou2:.
    Your message is required for lot of naive,gullible people.Could your post be put on the homepage..that would be awesome .

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    5 people like this.
  3. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitap
    Your warning is timely & corrective for all of us especially at the time of Satchi's bad experiance.
    thank you .
    Prema Barani

1 person likes this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Anita Appreciate the message but I still cannot understand the effort to keep these "predators" anonymous !.
    Make it simple...name(user id current and previous if known). Yes they might spring back with newer ones..but its easier when people have tangible usernames their threads to go by instead of some guy/girl/some thread.

12 people like this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

exactly. If you know the person is indeed a predator, no point in hiding his/her identity.

2 people like this.
  6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

A very useful thread, make it a Sticky one on the top.
    PM is used liberally by some members , best is to unfriend them.
    Actually there is no need to PM, what cannot be said openly should not be said at all.
    Also please do not reveal your true name and identity in those cute threads asking for your real name!!!!!
    No real photographs please , use an avatar.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    6 people like this.
  7. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Anita

Totally agree with you. I have seen such cases. Some are genuine and some are crooks who take advantage of female members.

But how do we know for sure? There maybe few male members or female members who genuinely want to be friends and are not predators. They believe in helping and friendship. How do we classify these people and dissect them from the predators?

I have received PMs from male and female members in the past. I have also sent PMs to others. It is difficult to judge people. What I would suggest to the male and specially female members here is don't give out your personal information in the beginning. Try to know the friend first. If he/she is genuine then its your decision if you want to go ahead. If not then report the member on IL and just block him from your life. Give a stern warning that you will report to police etc.

2 people like this.
  8. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

I am predator for true friendhip:thumbsup

Having 5 females in my family ( mom, SIL, Wife and 2 daughters) they are the majority, I just can't help but respect and love the females in my family...( Even if sometimes they just piss me off :rotfl)

2 people like this.
  9. Bond001

Bond001 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the alert Anitha.....i was the silent reader for both the above mentioned thread.......very sad to know the place he mentioned is cold, he too cold.....good that you found his antics now itself, or else he would have bugged us with his MIL & SIL stories......time to move on.

Is he banned???

Looks like Quebec is enjoying all the attention in Satchi mam's post!!!!

10. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

----------deleting as it is counter productive like anita says----------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.