1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Precautions to avoid kids vomiting in the road journey

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by redapple, Sep 5, 2009.

1. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

We are planning for a 6 hrs road trip(involves many hair pin cuts in the hill area)...I am just wondering is there any precautions to avoid my DD vomiting?

As she eat snacks and drink juice which don't get digest easily and that too when the roads are up and down, she vomits everything...

Will lemon help for kids?If so how do you use it..

Also please share your knowledge for elders also(me too have motion sickness)
    Appreciate your response...

Thanks

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

If you ask your doc he can precribe medicines for you both (for your child this needs to be calculated on weight/age).

Vanathi.

3. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Generally,
    It is just the normal Domstal or the Emeset syrup that has to be given 1/2 before travel. Dose varies with age and weight , you need to check that with your Pediatrition .
    For the adults it is Avomin or emeset once again in the form of tablet.
    Rest, you can have Lavang to chew or Lemon in hand and keep smelling the same.

Above all this positive attitude is a BIG must. My son suffers from a travel allegergy and vomits a lot during travel. I said a strick no to vomit with all the precausions and since then , where ever I go he manages to get to the place without vomiting.

regards,
    Kavitha.