1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Preacher's breaches! (oorukku upadesam!)

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri,
    in ur revelation of a chapter in ur life, u have found a gang here, who are vying for ur attention with their chapters, good reading though, sometime we write something, but the thread goes on for a part of it, with a different dimesion which we dont expect, u highlighted hypocrasy, but i find ur followers coming up with something more hiarious to chew about, regards sunkan

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear sunkan,
    Don't you ever think, we write vying for Sri's attention !
    We write how the tendency to "breach" is very strong in everybody, given an opportunity !
    So we justify his title Preacher's Breaches.
    Some feel inhibited to write - senior citizens have crossed that line & write fearlessly. It is as simple as that.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan
    Is not digression a way to escape the tedium of our otherwise dull life? Even renowned professors have to digress if they want to ensure the attention of their students. In fact, among the public speakers , the best crowd pullers are those who can spice up their lectures with digressive tales. The best known Kalakshepa exponent Sri Kripananda Variar was loved for his wit and humor that came out vividly in his asides!
    And I do not know what makes you to call those who read and respond to my threads as my followers! I dont claim any following here. I am just one of you and want to so for ever.
    To clarify a point, I did not post my thread for any purpose whatsoever except to share with you a lighter moment of my life!:)
    Sri

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri and chitra,
    i am not here to start anything but it is my expression of evoking a gang with their memories and sri is getting famous, with each of his thread many are coming up with their memories, who are we to point or pin point, life has to be rolled on and while rolling if u could collect a few precious something then it is always great for the self and not for others....sunkan

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

:eek:mg: i got lost on the way......well expecting a ah, um ................to lead me out safely from the .......well, will it be Indian railways or from Hypocrisy.....
    Again Anonymous and gang should help here!?( after all i am still a KID!)

Well Cheeniya sir, i just wanted to let uknow that Ladies /women think differently....and Chitra , i was in a girls college ma'am( all prim and proper!)

I read your reply to me and the story ......of course dont we all choose the way to live ....nobody forces, yes maybe society does...but who can stop us if we want to change our ways of living or style of living....all said and done , we have to be HAPPY and know that this is the way we want to live!

Sorry if what you shared on a lighter vein was read in a different light by me....each to his own, right!?:wink:

6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya,

With the holiday season on, I've been a little busy and though I read thru your mails, couldn't reply instantly.
    your humour, I think, is your weapon - all your mails make us smile and some make us laugh our heart out but all seem to carry a subtle message toooo.

Oh, Yes, I've learnt this lesson long back - A Preacher tooo is just another human and to breach is ......................
    A Good mail and pls don't stop at this, atleast I would love to know hte next escapades and the following one and the folllowing one a..n..d.. the other one tooooooooooooooooooo.

Regards,

7. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    Life, they say, depends on the liver! (pun definitely intended!)It is the liver who chooses what kind of life would suit him/her. Various tenets and guidelines have been laid down based on the centuries of experience of elders for the manner in which life is to be ideally led. Such tenets again become obsolete over a period of time. What was right for my grandfather would be a laugh for me! Nothing has eternal validity. You say you studied in a girls' college and so are conditioned to think differently. But you must know that the girls of the same college of today would think differently from you!

Even the concepts of right and wrong keep changing like share prices. Let us learn to look at the lighter side of life all the time. To be able to laugh at oneself is the greatest gift. All of you commenting on my post have missed out on the last sentence in which I have taken a dig at myself!

Enjoy yourself, Sudha. That's what we are all here for!:)

sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Meena
    Your encouraging response is like a lush green oasis for a weary traveller who travels for days in a cruel desert without food or water and his tongue is just sticking inside his mouth by a fraction of an inch the rest hanging out like a necktie!
    But this thread has indeed taught me several lessons!
    Sri

9. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

This one is for our much sought after lady of the Indus - Chitvish, sorry, I shld refer to her as ANONYMOUS here -

Dear Anonymous,

while in college, we had this young, smart guy, at the computer lab... and I've seen girls queue up all the time (wonder, how they managed with their attendance, how many proxy's are acceptable??? ) Everyone seemed to have doubts which could nver be cleard. poor guy, don't know how long he served there. he looked tooo good, not my taste, you see. even if I had doubts, I wouldn't ever go near such a guy, fit to keep in a showcase. :)

but, yes, the botany lecturer who was good at playing the guitar was our target. your mail brings all the memories of my days at teh college. I can write all about him and other escapades only when I turn few more donkeys years old (learnt one good lesson from you, C. thanks. it's alwasy safe to share such incidents at a later stage in life) he had this french beard (used to look very cute on him) and we've had enough fun in his class :wink:.

then the train journey takes me back to my recent holidays - there was this english guy - smart, tall, very fit - sure he goes to gym regularly, his shoulders tells it all. Now, in the hotel that we stayed the breakfast was complimentary and every morning while busy serving breakfast to hubby - choosing veggie stuff from the buffet (whether I holiday in Hongkong or Japan or US or India, I've to serve him; he won't even go around and pick up his own food, I've spoilt him completely by too much pampering), I felt a pair of eyes just following me wherever I went. the first day I saw this guy (the same english guy) giving a stare. the second day, he waits for us to arrive and then chooses a table close to the salad & pastry table and I gave a blank look at him when he came to pick up the same fruit I was trying to hold on. on the third day, hubby and myself were on a skytrain. we couldn't do a KP there so what I did was everytime we travelled by ST, I move forward as if looking for the next station and act like I'd lost balance and hubby would hold me - his hands reaches my waist all the time and I just love it. so, that day too, after our initial drama I looked up to wink at my hubby and again I see a pair of eyes fixed on me and guess who??? our english guy standing there in full style - a neat jeans (tight one) with a cool shirt, he hadn't shaved for 2 days - could see the brownish little thorn-like beard (sexy) on his face, and light eyes, could see his toned chest & stomach muscles, and ..... he was wearing perfect shoes toooooooo ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a quick look and away.

maybe the guy was exhausted to see me run around so many times, fetching things for my hubby - but I just love all that & more.

I was glad I picked up all my beautiful tops and pants this time - anyway, can't wear them here in our country, the stares will scare the hell out of me.......

but the very next day, at teh breakfast table, I saw our guy with his baggage, maybe he was leaving. when we finished breakfast and came to the lobby and was at the recpetion discussing our itinerary for the day, I saw the guy right behind us and he gave that usual stare and since it was the last day, I gained courage and looked straight into his eyes.... just for a second. It was like saying goodbye. I've forgotten the face now but surely , that part of our holiday was infact entertaining. :mrgreen:

Kamla, Vandhana & Sudha, I shall pray for you guys - when are you coming to India?????

Sudha, I'm sure you are innocent - being in Germany, I don't know if you can even look at any guys there. they are all sooo huge, they actually scare me

Vandhana & Kamla, hey, shldn't you guys try and meet Tom Cruise or Ben Affleck????? they are all smart and nice. must be good for a stare or a chat........ good luck t o you both...

Vandhana, one advise, it's always safe to have your boys around whether chatting or preaching :mrgreen:

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dearest Meena,
    Missed you all these days ! And now, my dear friend, you are back with a bang !!
    Your holiday sounds too romantic ( not with h around, but for other attention oriented reasons). Oh, the word French beard sounds too irresistible, Meena ! That too, combined with broad shoulders!!
    I do agree ( though many in I L feel we are very scandalous !:wink: ) that your holiday has injected new blood into your system.
    KP s are difficult to locate? I can't believe. Let me teach you some discreet techniques, definitely !
    Now, I am sure Sri will wonder, what our interactions are all about ! Hightime he learns what an innocent, goody girls pair, we both make !
    We will meet in this forum regularly, Meena !
    Au revoir,
    Love,
    Chithra.