1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-wedding blues: Expectations the deciding factor

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sumee, Nov 21, 2013.

1. sumee

sumee Silver IL'ite

We are know about the WEDDING BLUES.Have felt a moment's hesitation"should I or shouldn"t I". And say YES.In fact I enjoyed the movie Runaway Bride very much.
    Today I want to a few words about EXPECTATIONS and its level desired by men and women before deciding to take the vows:the deciding factor :I call this the pre-wedding blues. This has become a must over years.
    OK: Correct me if I am wrong in my assessment and once again this is my viewpoint,am willing to correct my mistake:):
    For a Man his "expectation"in his life partner should be someone perfect bahu at home,perfect "wife"for him,someone he expects to be well educated ,cooking expert, someone who never answers back when provoked,and ensures she slowly takes over the duties of his mother, taking care of all his whims and bearing his eccentricities with a grin........"His expectation":) am I correct?
    But today can he get such a woman? No way!Times have changed and no woman wants to be the Perfect Trophy to her husband.She is a person in her own rights,an individual who can beautifully manage her home,her career and also ensures she doesn't put with her husband's moods and eccentrities.... can give back whenever and wherever needed.......
    For a woman:her dreams are like a fairy tale: someone who sweeps her off his feet,someone who will keep her like a princess,who will give in to her whims and fancies keep saying I Love you umpteen number of times,be at her beck and call,.....someone who will not have any objections if she decides to work after marriage.....who will be partener in equal be it helping her at housework or supporting her in her decisions.......WOW!!!!!
    Does such a purrrrrfect guy exist? If you know so send me a clone of him.....if there is an exchange scheme;-)
    Very High Level EXPECTATIONS isn't it........thinkingsmileyIs it fair to have have such high level expectations??????
    What happens if your expectation levels are not met? Then,The decision to decide on a life partner takes a long time. And in the process the parents lose their sleep ,the prospective bride and groom over period of years lose interest to get married.Prefer to stay single and continue their search........
    So don't you think Expectations is a big stone blocking a decision making process in today's marriage scenario?