Pre school search

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by shabnamgathania, Jul 24, 2015.

1. shabnamgathania

shabnamgathania New IL'ite

Hi all,<br>My name is shabnam recently moved in April from India to Houston with my husband who is an IT Engg. And my 2.5year old son . We stay at Lansbrough near Medical center.At present I'm looking out for pre school for my son near 77030....looking out out for suggestions .have a good day :)

regards
    Shabnam

2. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

hi shubnam,

for pre-schools, its like here you ll find near your house, in a mile radius of your house, you ll find couple of pre schools, meet the teachers of those school and they ll guide the best place for your kid.

3. BSK

BSK New IL'ite

Hi Everyone ,

I am looking for a school for my toddler, who would be three years old by the start of the next academic year 2017 in Houston , zip code 77025. I 've been searching for free public schools in this region. But, the more time I spend on the internet, the more confused I become. It is very hard to select one. Hence thought of asking for help and suggestions with regard to selecting a school. I have listed my questions below.

Which public school to choose? Magnet or Charter?
    What are HISD and KIPP schools ? Which one is better?
    Can I select a school or do I have to choose the ones that are recommended in our locality ?
    Whom should I contact to know more about the schooling system and other things in Houston ?
    Is there a common deadline for applying ?
    Is there a full-time school for a three year old ?
    What are the things that I should take into consideration while selecting a school ?
    Any school that can be recommended in my locality?

The questions goes on and on like this....

I apologize for the long post...but I hope all the parents who have their kids in schools by now have had gone through this already and can understand my anxiety and nervousness. Time is ticking by for the application submissions in many schools and hence kind of makes me restless. I sincerely hope that someone would come forward to offer their suggestions/ recommendations and experiences . ..any information or lead would be very helpful .

Thanks,
    BS