1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pre Occupied Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Jul 20, 2011.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Before watching a horror movie I tell my mind that I have to get scared and get carried away by everything that movie has to offer me, with this thought I sit and watch, well even a simplest sound in the movie makes me jump off my seat and makes me think what follows next….
    One fine day I was sitting with my husband and watching a horror movie ‘The Shining’, the movie did not have any devilish appearances in it, but it was the excellent camera work and background score which was the highlight and made me widen my eyes. Jack Nicholson’s acting was exceptional.

I am very inclined to watch horror movies these days, of course not to get scared but to see what is the horror element in the movie and how has the director narrated the same to his audience. Horror is within the mind and not in the movie, because mind is so pre occupied, I go a step forward and read the reviews regarding the horror movie which I am going to watch and prepare myself mentally….
    My husband advised me one day to watch a horror movie casually like I did not know it was a horror movie and he also told me not to read any reviews about the movie, I followed the same and the same evening we watched ‘Exorcist’ which is supposed to be one of the scary movies of its time, to my surprise I was not scared seeing the movie, in fact I was enjoyed the movie and did not close my eyes in between, which I normally do while am watching a horror movie…………..

Yes watching a horror movie and still not getting scared is within our mind, and to control our mind is within our thoughts….. Now whenever I watch a horror movie I know it’s yet another movie, which is in front of my eyes for 90minutes but not in my thoughts forever to scare me…………….

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai friend,

Already your mind was prepared, sharpened, shaped to see the horror movies. Very good i will appreciate your braveness. Be courageous and see many movies. You have expressed this blog in a cute way my dear IL.

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hi sri
    ya offlate horror movies have become my fav, everything is in our mind