Praying to Navagraha - Morning or evening

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by msm, Nov 1, 2014.

1. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Hi - whats the best time to pray to Navagrahas, especially for Sani (Ellu Vilaku). Is it during the day time or late evenings after 7:00 PM?

I remember reading in one of the book we have to pray to Sani only during day time, but since childhood I've seen people light Ellu vilaku in the evenings only. am confused which is the right time. JFYI - my elarai Sani period is running now and Ahtama Sani for my daughter, Arthashtama Sani for my husband and I go through various issues everyday and by the grace of God am managing so far but at times am giving up and tend to loose my faith.

am worried if I'm doing something wrong in my prayers or something is missing, Your suggestions will help me gain back.

Thanks in advance

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister msm,

Sairam, Any Pooja for that matter it is good to be done in the morning before noon especially lighting lamps and can be between 4.30 - 6pm during Pradosha time.

Ellu villakku can also be lighted before noon or Pradosha time, However since three in the family needs his blessings pray to Lord Hanuman also to take care of your family, which can be as easy as chanting Ramnaamam or writing of RAM everyday a few times in a separate notebook for that purpose.

Incidentally Sani Peyarchi has happened on Nov 02nd in most places, but in Thirunalluru Karaikal temple it is in mid Dec 2014, may be some good changes have taken place for you all too.

May Baba and Lord Hanuman bless your home in abundance and bring in all positivity to fill your atmosphere, SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  3. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much Saisakthi sister, though I didn't get any replies for the last 2 days, I was sure of getting your reply at least and you did the same.

Just a small clarification, so are you saying its good to light Ellu vilaku during mornings and only on Pradosha days falling on Saturdays, light it between 4:30 to 6:00 PM?

Sure, good suggestion about praying to Lord Hanuman, was playing Hanuman Chalisa for few days but left it now. Will continue to praying him during this entire period...

Thanks Again

4. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

You can light ellu kizhi every saturday praying to Shani bhagawan before noon.
    After it burns out,throw it under a tree.
    Chanting Hanuman chalisa is very good.Do continue the chanting.