Praying Shirdi Sai Baba for a child

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by suryakala, May 28, 2012.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Baba 111.jpg
    Dear IL Friends,

Praying Shirdi Sai Baba for a child.

One of the Great senses of fulfillment of life is tohave children.
    Going through many sacrifices, we all want to have this pleasure of having our children. If unfortunately a few of us are not blessed with children. We pray our 'Ishta Devata' and make penances to have children.

God in the form of Guru many times accepts sincere prayers and bless the devotee with children.

There are many reported instances in which Shirdi Sai Baba has blessed many such devotees. The cases of Ratanji a Parsi Mill-contractor from Nanded, Balasaheb’s younger brother Nanasaheb, Damu Anna and Sakharam Aurangabadkar are mentioned in Shri Sai Satcharita where they were blessed with a child after prayers to Baba.

The case of the wife of Sakharam of Aurangabadkar is amazing!.

Sakharam Aurangabadkar was married for 27 years and the couple did not have a child. His wife having heard of Baba’s Kindness and blessings came to Shirdi with and was staying in Shirdi, unable to get an opportunity to pray to Baba in person.

She asked Shama, to help her get Baba’s darshan. Shama agreed and asked her to come with the coconut and Joss –sticks and wait among the devotees and come near Baba when Shama gave the signal. She came and was waiting.

Suddenly Baba called her. She came up bowed down and presented the coconut, which was dry. The kernel within rolled and made a noise, Baba said “Shama, this is rolling, see, what it says? Shama said “The woman prays that a child should similarly roll in her womb. So, please give her the coconut with your blessings”.

Baba said,’’ Will the coconut give her any issue? How foolish people are so fancy such things?”

Shama, replied” I know the power of your words and blessings.Your word will give her a series of children; you are wrangling and not giving real blessings”.

The parley went on for a while. Baba repeatedly ordered to break the coconut and Shama pleaded for the gift of the entire fruit to the lady. Finally Baba yielded and said,”She will have an issue “

“When”? asked Shama.”

“In 12 months” was the reply. At this coconut was broken into two,. One half was given to the lady.

Then Shama turned up to the lady and said ”Dear lady,you are a witness to my words. If within 12 months you do not get any issue, I will break a coconut against the Deva’s head and drive him out of this Masjid.If I fail in this I will not call myself Madhav, You will soon realize what I say”.

She delivered a son in a year’s time and the son was brought to Baba, in his fifth month. The couple both husband and wife prostrated themselves before Baba and grateful father(Mr.Aurangabadkar) paid a sum of RS.500/ which was sent in constructing a shed for Baba’s horse-“Shyam-Karna”.

In 2010, I was travelling from Auckland to Wellington with a Sai Devotees Group to have a darshan of a Sai Baba Murthi, taken out from a pond, while during excavation works. The whole Bus was attracted by a cute and intelligent child of about two and a half years whose parents were leading the singing group during the journey with their melodious Bhajans.

When I asked the name of the child out of curiosity,of the parent, the father of the child said his name is Sai Ram. He further said that desiring a child and that too, a male child. He and his wife prayed Baba to bless with a child and he was born after their prayers were fulfilled and so they named him as Sai Ram.

Baba’s blessing continues and will continue forever for anyone
    who prays with conviction.

Om Sai Ram.

Thanks for visiting and responding to my 1000th post in IL.

I am so glad with your encouragement , I could cross this milestone.

It is a great pleasure to be an ILite.

Om Sai Ram.

Editor's Note: Check our features on Shirdi Sai Baba

Shirdi Sai Baba Temples Around the World

Shirdi Sai Baba Photo Gallery

2. naliniraut

naliniraut Bronze IL'ite

3. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Om Shri Satguru Sainath Namoh Namah...!

1 person likes this.
  4. suryakala

Dear Naliniraut,
    Om Sai Ram.

5. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Om Sai Ram.

One of my cousins was waiting for 12 years to be blessed with a child....They were constantly praying to Baba.....and Baba blessed them with a baby boy....He is named as Sai Bala...........

When we pray with immovable faith...Baba definitely would bless us......:thumbsup

May Baba bless the TTC sisters......:)

Thank you dear Suryakala ma'am...for this sweet thread with an awesome picture of our Baba....:)

Congratulations on your 1000th post........:)

Om Sai ram.

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Suryakala,,,,

Om Sai Ram...
    A wonderful post from you.... I feel happy reading your post....
    Congratulations on your 1000th post...
    May Baba guide and bless all of us.........

Shanti

8. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

A very nice post. Even I am praying him for a child for the past 3 years. But I know and have faith that he is planning something for me and so I shall wait becoz whatever He does or gives is for our good only.

Om Sai Ram

4 people like this.
  9. suryakala

Dear Jogu,

Shri Satchidananda Satguru Sainath Maharaji ki Jai!!

10. Ranjitjayanthi

Ranjitjayanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi

SUre...dear sai baba please grant all our genuine wishes .

Congratulations on your 1000th post... surya kala mam..thats so sweet of u to post the pic..
    May Baba guide and bless all of us.........