1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Praying At Who's Cost..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Sep 11, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanks krish,
    the very act is to surrender our ego, not other's ego is the moral here..thanku sunkan

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Krish,

Great way to look at it......

Dear Sunakan,

Whether it is a fiction or reality.... The fact remains the same....

Veda

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

It was Avvayar who started this barter system with God saying

Pallum, Theli Thenum, Paagum, Paruppum
    Ivay Naangum, Kalandhu Unakku Naan Tharuven
    Kolam Sei, Thunga Kari Mugathu Thoomaniye
    Nee enakku Sangathamilz Moonrum thaa.

Wow what a bargain what a bargain. She will give Pillayar 4 items and asking him to give her three items. But yes we tend to do this bargain with God.

As my father and my MIL says it is not worth bargaining with the God unless you put in all your efforts.

It is like a joke which I read recently,

There was a boy who was praying to God to change Tamilnadu's capital to Karur if so he will give him a paal abishekam. When his friend asked Why? he said that in the examination he had written so.

Without efforts you cannot expect God to give you all you ask. But these things like tonsuring other's head or asking to do angapradakshinam....

Why that grandmother-in-law did not pray that she will tonsure her head and why to ask this young girl with such a long and beautiful hair?!? Probably she is jealous of this girl's long and beautiful hair. Anyway I felt happy when this is a fiction written by you. But still.... it is not worth doing these when someone prays for you unless and untill it is something like telling a sloka or writting the God's name some many times.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear rajmi,
    this is a true incident, when my husband was down with gangrene and all had lost hope two years before he could die, that time i had a military doctor whose clinic was second home to my mom who had asthma, so when i took him there, being a diabetic, he has put a hot water bottle on his testicles which had the boil and it spread all over his inside of the lower stomach and every day it became a nightmare and daymare i may add, it was during this september, and so after a long bedridden state and torture, because every day he used to scream inside the clinic like a delivery going on, the pain was too incrutiating, and we used to just cry standing outside, once he was found to be fine after some two months, my sis in law arrived and told this to him, naan vendindirukken kettiya mariyadeya poyittu mottai pottundu vandudu, and my husband was :mad: ..what kind of a vendudal is this is it for me or her to have fun at my cost to get a mottai...so a small article and a life story all came into fore in this article..sunkan

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunkan ma'am.........
    I had heard about these kind of situation while in India but not in educated families rather I would say, most of the uneducated people do such kind of stuffs........But you know I was totally wrong in myself..........
    The place where I used to stay is too cold during winter and during Makar Sankranti while visiting the Shiva-Vishnu temple, I saw many parents let their kids (age no bound) roll around the temple in bare-body. I could not believe this, how come the parents with all the sweaters/shawla/jackets make their kids suffer in the chilling cold of Jan.........
    I don't know what big wishes of their will be fulfilled through this kind of psychic behaviour............
    Anyways, take care............

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

DEAR MEETA,
    THERE IS NO EDUCATED UN EDUCATED THEY JUST FOLLOW BLINDLY, THEY FORGET THE HUMAN RIGHTS, OF EACH SOUL THAT LIVES INSIDE IS GOING TO REBUKE WITH REACTION OVER WHICH THEY MAY NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL,,SUNKAN

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

why did the mother in law not pledge her hair,instead of her DIL.

and i agree with Veda, When god has given us everything, why would he want it back ?

Sad.Regards.kamal

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamalji,
    dont tell me u have never heard of the saas bahu legend stories of india...sunkan

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

I have read Saas Bahu, but first time im hearing that if god grants a wish, someone else will do the penance.Regards.kamal