1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Prayer to the Mother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 14, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

When I am stranded not knowing what I can do to overcome an ordeal, you extend your unseen hands and make that problem disappear right in front of my eyes. When I celebrate the accomplishments as though they are mine, you smile and pat me on my back not saying a word to me. You give me the power to explore the world on my own without any interference and let me decide whether to see it as an opportunity or threat. Using the powers you give me, when I start exploring the world, you make me decide the right and the wrong and accumulate the desires and attachments of my choice. When I hurt with a body that is old, you take me in only to make me come back again to pursue where I left.

Even though I don’t choose my parents, you give me as a gift to my parents who loves me for life. Through them, you shower your love when I need it the most. When I cry for milk, you extend your hand through a loving mother and satisfy my desire to eat. When I cry for a toy, you extend your hand through a loving father and satisfy my desire to play. When I grow up, you provide me a life partner to satisfy my desire for a companionship. When I long to develop my family, you provide me a child to satisfy my desire to become a parent. You tolerate my unending desires and still shower your love and compassion on me without any questions. When I suffer due to the actions I did earlier, you shower your grace for me to overcome that quickly. You send me friends and relatives to console me and stand by my side in times of my sufferings and losses.

When you are looking keenly to see whether I will seek you, I am looking at the world and seek things from the world. When I am looking at you seeking help from you, you immediately come to my rescue and shower your grace. You give me everything I seek hoping someday I will stop seeking things you created and start seeking you instead. I know you are waiting to give me the knowledge to know who I really am and why I keep coming to this world time and again.

I know this body and mind you give me is a gift for me to know you better. You have created this wonderful world I see around me perfectly ideal for me to exist. How can I show my gratitude to you for what you are giving me again and again? The only way I can do it is to clean myself up and seek what you are aspiring to give me. I know my goal is to become one with you and the only way I can do it is to become an instrument in your hands with no hidden agenda. When you help the people in need, please use me as an instrument. You know deep down my desire is to be with you forever and only thing I struggle is to find the path to achieve that goal.

I understand your patience in putting up with me. You are the mother of mothers as far as I am concerned. You make me happy when I spend time with my family as much as you make them feel happy. Teach me how you give without asking and teach me your patience and perseverance while I come to this world every time. Help me unlock the fountain of love that is inherent in me. Let me become the Truth you are, let me breath righteousness you come to establish from time to time and remain peaceful. I bow down before you on this wonderful mother’s day to request you to shower your grace to all your creations.

From the unreal lead me to the real, from darkness lead me into light and from death lead me into immortality. Let all the beings in this world be happy.

(This is dedicated to the Universal Absolute who is the Creator of everything including an institution called women that taught me what love is)

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Viswamitra sir,
    This is truly a wonderful prayer and deserves a great appluase.

I feel like, do I qualify atleast to appreciate such a write-up. Its a class apart. :thumbsup

- Pallavi.

3. Viswamitra

Pallavi,

Thank you for your kind words. Why do you feel that way? You are one of the greatest supporters of all my blog. I am proud in stating that I learn most of what I know from people who are younger than me. Your words mean a lot to me.

Viswa

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful dedication. Agree with pallavi, definitely a class apart.

5. Viswamitra

Thank you again for reading this blog and your wonderful comments.

Viswa

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Terrific, Spectacular, Impressive, Great, Fantastic, Excellent, Mind blowing, Superb, ..Ummm.....I think, I do not have enough vocabulary to describe this blog. But thank you once again for sharing your thoughts.

7. Viswamitra

I am very humbled and honored by your words in response to my writing this blog. The credit should not go to the one who wrote about it but it should go to the Creator and His creation called "Mother" who define what love is.

Viswa

8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful prayer to the Mother dear Viswamitra!

Excellent Blog and beautifully written!!

"Even though I don’t choose my parents, you give me as a gift to my
    parents who loves me for life!"--It's true.

Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us.

9. Viswamitra

Dear Suryakala,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. Feedback like this motivates me so much. I am grateful to you for reading this blog and responding to it.

Viswa