Prayer- Method my style

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vimmala, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

When we offer a prayer I feel it is better to ask / request enough courage to face the problems in day to day affairs, bless with us the presence of mind to come out the problem after solving them in our favour, to get the maximum benefit from the approch and to bless with us the streangth for our body and mind.

Instead of asking for money ask the almighty to bless with us and show us truthful way to earn that amount.
    For health, ask for streanth to face the diseases and give us mind power in selecting the remidies.

Hope this will give the almighty a chance to bless us.

2. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Vimala
    I think its the correct attitude towards prayer.

Myself also doing the same .Dedicate myself to God and pray to give me the power, strength and wisdom to face the problems,for we know our God will only bestowe as with incidents and thoughts we must pass through.So I believe its all upto God.

Thanks for sharing

3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

100% agreed.

"Lord let my words and actions be pleasing in your sight today"

This is the line that I would like to pray everyday...sometimes I miss it.

4. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

I love your method i too usually ''for anything particularly apart for protection for one and all and intelligence and strength to do our duties right--------and praise and thanks for everything he has given us that day and everyday. Thank you vimala for sharing your methods of prayer

5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dears

Thanks for your suggestions & methods regarding prayers.
    You created an awareness for WHAT A PRAYER is meant for?

Prayer is something personal, where oe can pray for anything. Only god knows what method of prayer is correct. According to Sai Satcharithra, We cannot judge or comment on anybody's method of praying. Only THE JUDGE IS THAT ALMIGHTY.

Yes one can and always should pray for almighty's blessings to one & all.
    Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavantu' .

Warm regards
    Saras

6. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vimmala

You have very correctly said that we should pray for getting HIS blessings and not asking money. It is very correct. I think if we have HIS blessings for good health, then we can earn money.

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi vimmala,

perfect way to pray the god is that. even my father will ask me to do the same. i also do the same.

8. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

That's true friends.
    In the present world where harmony, health and peace are lacking, so we all pray GOD for a harmonious, healthy and peaceful / stress-free life instead of materialistic life.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Fully agree with your views.

My share here:

I never ask him for money. My general prayer would be long and disease free for my parents and to bless my children in their studies. Most of the times, I never ask for anything for myself. I feel HE knows what we need and will bless accordingly.

Half the time, I will stare at the murthy for a long time and enjoy the beauty. Sometimes I feel God is really smiling at me. Sometimes when I interact with him in a sunken mood, I start crying. Sometimes, I keep looking at God on and on......... Especially one particular moorthy in a temple, my DD would come behind and say Amma avar paavam. Sight adikkarthai niruthidu!!!!

10. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

When you pray or concentrate I suggest the person to sit on a wooden chair or Grass mat. The vibration created by prayer will stay with us. Don't leave the place immediately but allow few minutes so that the vibrations stay with you.

In olden days when I was in school some 55 years back, we use to sit on a bench made with Aththi Maram (Fig Tree) as teachers beleived that that will help us a strong memory power.

When we do Ganapathi Homam, elders advice us to perform in the shadow of aththi maram, as it will give 108 times power booster for that Homam.

Homama is for an induvidual and Yaga is for the village/ city.
    Homam you can do with one to 11 priests
    and Yaga you need 16 and more priests.