1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Praise Don't Curse For Your Own Good

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, May 24, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

the best way to get to know your sibling and relative speaking bad is to observe their children they are very sarcastic in approach and show faces which u recognise is not that of the child, but the background..any way we do live dont we...but it is better to talk something nice, cultivate and we will be able to change atleast our children and grandchildren, community starts within the vicinity, then extends out...sunkan

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

I too believe in don't curse or bad mouth others.
    I don't want to create bad karmas.
    We know that we should be good even to those who hurt us.

But, it's not always that easy.
    Am I right?

My MIL often bad mouth me to others.
    Says things like, I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, I wear stitched saree etc.
    Don't you think it's my privacy to spend how long I want in the shower? Is it a sin to wear stitched saree for my convenience? Why does she have so much to complain (or worry about) when my hubby doesn't say anything. Hubby says I can do whatever I want, don't bother about what others say. It's not that easy. Those who don't know me well will believe in whatever MIL says. Some not talking properly to me too.

I hate my MIL and really wish she would die soon.
    I know I am creating a very bad karma having this very bad thought.
    What else can I hope to have a happy married life?

SadWife

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sundari,
    A beautiful post.Negative thoughts bring negative energy,surrounds one with negative vibes.so the person's efforts at doing something or achieving something gets blocked.Constant nehative thoughta can even change the appearance of a person,,give that person a frowning look.
    Positive thoughts are like a tonic,energy giving tonuc.
    love
    mithila

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very nice post...Though we are aware of such things, we do not care to remember especially when we are full of emotions. Reading such articles helps us in evaluating where we stand and what can be done to make a better me. Thank you so much for sharing :thumbsup
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Very thoughtful piece. I remember the tamil saying "kutram paarkin sutram illai" (if you start finding faults, you will not be left with any relations around you)

Sometimes we need to overlook the negatives of people because no one is perfect.

My mom also used to insist , not to curse anyone.

If we cant praise anyone , atleast we can be silent instead of cursing

Good one Sunkan:cheers

6. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

Now coming to the negative thoughts and how they affect you, when you are alone, these collective thoughts can set a nice migraine, stomach ulcers, womb discharges, heart ache. The negatives thoughts churned give rise to the blood pressure, as you are helpless, and unable to settle things or move ahead, even meditation is interrupted because of your thoughts taking over.

Dear sunkan

What you have written is 100% correct.its better to replace positive thoughts when negative thoughts creep at least to avoid diseases, pressure etc.,

Lakshmi