1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

pradosham in centreville

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by rrajago, Nov 27, 2010.

1. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

dear devotees:

I do pradosha pooja every pradosham at my home (centreville). recently parents of a friend of mine visited us and they were very happy and it made me think that there maybe others who are interested an dhence this post. i follow north american panchangam. the typical pooja is 2 hrs plus. if i have time i do it for 3 hrs or so. if its on a weekend an dif there are other interestd devotees, we tend to go overboard and do the 4+ hrs version. if you are interested please join.

i think there is restrictions on posting personal contcts details ...wonder how to address that.

athithi devo bhava..........

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Wow that is wonderful to know you do pradhosha puja at home.
    I have only attended the puja at the temple.
    On pradhosha day i usually fast all day and do a simple puja in the evening.
    Can you please post the steps you do in the puja so i can learn the same.
    Or if the format is already given by chitvish or other IL's please post the link.
    Thank you,
    Sorry I won't be able to attend. I wish I was closer to centreville.
    That's so nice of you to invite.

3. devilalithac

devilalithac New IL'ite

can you share the pradhosa pooja prcedure to perform at home.?

Thanks.
    Devilalitha.

4. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

Dear Friends:

sorry - as you can see I dont frequent this place much - but while searching for something I landed up on my own page and saw that two people had askjed fopr the puja procedure. Basically I follow the pradosha pooja vidhi that is available at pradosham.com - I think the have it in sanskrit and tamil now in pdf format. there are many things in that book - and you can mix and match as time permits and your inclination. Let me know if you cant find it or have questions.

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Great to know dear sister that you still follow vrats and poojas at USA

Many after landing in a foreign soil feel they are short of time even to speak to kith and kin, hop into temples on special occasions and think they have just gone to earn money, that is it!

:hatsoff:

6. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

actually, I feel blessed. I attend veda classes every weekend - there are about 30 to 40 regular folks and abou anothr 20 who come and go. in fact the youngsters in the veda group are organizaing a maharudram this april 26th. and our guru (teacher) always reminds us that its easy to build temples - but tough to keep in up because no one goes and soon it falls into a delapidated condition (as has happened to many temples in india). so as a way of payback to our guru I and many of us are there every sat (rain or shine) from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm

1 person likes this.
  7. Rohi

Rohi New IL'ite

hi,

I was so happy to see this thread. I was actually interested in shloka chanting every week. I live in herndon and I am working so cant come to centreville, if you know of any gatherings in herndon, please let me know.

Regards,
    Rohi

8. srjaya

srjaya Senior IL'ite

hi ,

I was so happy to see your thread and wish to join, but i live in herndon and looking for some one to join me every thursday or weekends in saibaba temple.

hi rohi ,

i live in herndon too and would love to join for chanting . pls let me know if u come across something .

kp in tch ..,
    jaya

9. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

did you check out the chimaya mission in chantilly