1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Power of words : To make or mar!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 2, 2009.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Nice topic to discuss. When anything wrong happens - everybody will be assembled to blame the person. There is no one to appreciate whole heartedly.

Well said in your blog.

Andal

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Muzna,Thanks for inaugurating my blog. glad you liked it.Muzna yes taunting is again criticising. But though criticism can sometimes have a positive effect, taunting is definitely negative.Criticism may have a hidden reason of wanting to help you improve your areas of flaws.But a few appreciative words are definitely needed everyday as a good dose for our ego and that definitely helps.Love,Devika

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Amywos,

I read both your Fbs again and again and am motivated to write more. Thankyou dear friend,.This kind of motivation is exactly what thrills me.

Yes we thrive on sweet words and you are a perfect example of it :))

Love,
    Devika

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaijui,

Right we cant have people with swollen heads at home but neither can we have dampened spirits. But we need to be appreciative where due and critical without condemning where due.

Thanks a ton for the visit Jaijui, Hope you are enjoying your time here.

Love,
    Devika

5. Nithu

Nithu Gold IL'ite

Nice blog about criticism vs appreciation...

Why is the appreciation always silent and the criticism loud??.... truthful question

yes mam, the words have a power to mould the person. praising or censure decide our day, whether it is good or bad. But If we handle the criticism in a right way it will develop us instead of discouraging. Excellent blog...

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaya,

We have a connection. I was almost sure when I read your Fb to my Valentine blog and now after this FB I am very sure:))

Thanks for the great words. If only I could crown you for the lovely words you use to motivate me.

Yes Criticism is essential , we cannot make people live in a world of illusions, if there is rectification required then so be it. But put it across subtly, not in such a way that the person faces trepidation in trying it a second time.

Appreciation has always promoted growth. And growth is so esential for fulfilment of our lives.

Criticism must be given positively and accepted positively as well.

Thanks once again Jaya for gracing this blog with a great FB.

Love,
    Devika

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Glad to see you here yaar. You have a very valid point. If we can accept criticism with friends why not our own at home.Criticism can be used for improvisation . When we know that the best is yet to come and can expect our loved ones to improve then I guess its fine. We know their potential and want the best for them. But criticism cannot be condemning.

Thanks for the Fb Mindi. Loved it.

Love,
    Devs

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Anaamika,

Thanks for stepping in. Yes you have a point , false appreciation is not right , but if it is done with the intention of motivating then I guess we can give it a lease.
    Criticism should definitely be constructive. It can help one to improvise and I guess that is positive but give it where it is due and not just to humiliate.

Thanks once again Anaamika.

Love,
    Devika

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Pothi,

I wasnt surprised, I was shocked . How dare my pothi address me by my name??

Yes Aruna these are words that will be remembered for a long time so a good appreciation or good criticism will always be remembered with respect while the criticism with humiliation in mind will always bring sorrow.

Thanks Pothi for stepping in.

Love,
    Devika

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Laliiii,

i can never be fed up of your words.Infact I greedily look forward to more. Each of these are so instrmental in motivating Lali and you have always been a dear one.

Yes I can understandthat many people are so stingy and miserly with motivation thatIt makesone wonder what do you lose in uttering a few words for praise. Like you said a lot of it has to do with being taken for granted , but that is truly unfair.

Swami Sukhbhodananda has given some real gem here.

But Laliiiii I must add here you are a damn good appreciator and I love you for it.

Love,
    Devs