1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

potty training concern

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sumaticg, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

hi all

My DD is 19 months now . She was sweet and regular to sit on a potty and poop. But for the past 1 week she refuses she runs on sighting the pooty seat. I dont use force but talk to her a lot.Her it is winter i doubt becos of that or am i assuming. Did any one expereince this i am very much worried as to how ill train her. In 6 months time she is going to playschool her all schools doesnt train the kid. So please advise and getting her of nappy with cotton one help in training her?

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Is it a potty seat that sits on the toilet or is it a potty seat that you dump? If it is the former, a normal developmental concern of toddlers is the terror of the flushing of the toilet. I would recommend NOT flushing while she is in there or to use the seat that you dump. If this is the problem, she will out grow it with further brain development but for now, just ride it out until she is older.

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hi Tashi

She sits on the small potty seat. But she isnt sitting and fusses a lot to put nappy. I am worried it is winter here . But she runs around the house happily w/o it.is it the right time 2 leave her without nappy.She tells only after she does is it good for her will she learn. How to teach her pls advise.