1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Potty Training a toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Toilet Training in Toddlers.

hi Anitha,

sorry yaar, I had written a reply to this.in another thread, somehow it got erased before i posted.

it has become cold..so frequency to passing urine will be more.
    it happens in 2's and 3's that is what elders say

what you can do is take him to the toilet in regular intervals without waiting for him to tell you. my neighbour has a 18months baby..that is what she is doing..

this is all part of parenting..enjoy it ....

2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Shanthi,

Thank u so much. As u said it is because of winter.

I taking him in regular intervals also when i am in the home. but if i am taking him out, he is not urinating, in the place where i leave him. he is controlling...

let me wait and c.

thank u once again for ur reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi anitha,

When he controls, he know he is not supposed to do it other's place, so he knows..it should be the cold...only...

all the best...and take care....

4. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

hi all moms,

My kid turned 1year now.Till now, i was using Diapers all the day.Now, i want to make him practise to urinate in the bathroom.How to make him learn that habit.U all come up with some suggestions

5. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Thanks shanthi,

Let me wait and c.

Hai spandhana,

Practice by making ur kid sit in the POTTY.

then ur kid will be able to do when u make him sit in the potty regularly.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

dear fellow moms, this is exactly the thread i was looking for. my boy will be 3 in march. he started saying when he wanted to do the big job around 2 but he refuses to do it in the potty. these days he even says when he has done 'susu' and wants me to change the diaper. in summer i used to leave him without diaper at home and so he got the concept of getting wet and dirty (i mean kakka dropping on the floor). there are days he says he wants to sit on the potty (we got a seat on the regular toilet) for few minutes and flushes. his doc said not to hurry up and just let him be. these days he watches other children use the toilet (girls are always faster to learn) at the day-care and he understands. i'm waiting for the weather to get better to start no-diaper at home again. once when he said he was doing kakka i rushed and put him on the potty and he stopped doing the act. so i'm a bit hesistant to force him. yes but we do diligently make him sit in the toilet irrespective of whether he does something or not just to get him used to that. and i must add that i personally think this potty training is not delayed coz of diapers. i know my cousins in india who have trouble getting the child do the job in the toilet just like us. only difference is we use diapers and they clean the poo wherever it's done.

7. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

How to Potty train my 2 yr old son with carpet floor

Hi Friends, i am currently in US. My son is 2 yrs and 2 months. i have started potty training him. with my one month old daughter i feel very hectic with this potty training issue. adding to this my house is fully carpeted and cannot leave him without diapers on. i need your tips for potty training my son. when he wants to go poop he goes to a corner and stands but by the time we take him to restroom he is done in diaper. dont know how to make him say or express that he needs to use the toilet. need your suggestion. thanks.

8. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

Hi

i used potty training related videos and books on the same. once upon a potty and pj and puppy were really helpful to teach the kid. u could rent the books at the local library for free.

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

i have started potty training my toddler.He tell me for pee and poo.But for poo he doesnt want to sit in the potty.he is fascinated by all the items in the restroom and gets diverted.He comes out without doing.this happend for 6-7 times.I get frustrated and make him wear diaper.He does in that.
    how to tackle this?

10. sudhirakumar

sudhirakumar Senior IL'ite

hi friends

my son will be 3 in 2 months...same problem..he know where to do what but he never sits nor tells me if he is not on a diaper..and its horrible...don't know what to do..doc says i cant force him....i am frustrated so i stopped potty training him for now..any tips.please tell bonk