Potential Solution To Protecting User's Privacy

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Akanksha1982, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Have been reading the recent discussions on protecting user's privacy on this forum and thinking about everyone's concern about the issue, I feel that the best way to have it resolved would be to provide the registered user an option to post or open a thread as "Anonymous" or with their own IL identity. This way the system and the reader knows that the post is from a registered user. In case of abuse or inappropriate activity, the admins can take action, just as they do in case of bad users.

Many times, a user may want to put their opinion and wouldn't want other IL users to judge them. So having this option will also provide a mechanism to freely express opinion without being judged. Also, users will not have to create multiple user ids.

I believe this would resolve concerns for everyone.

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I agree...if a user posts a thread under their username, anyone can see their past threads and gather info about them to a great extent...sometimes some users see past threads and judge the OP based on that causing OP of thread to become upset...it becomes necessary to create multiple and fake IDs etc due to this reason. ...if deletion of thread or username is not allowed, then there should be a provision to create a thread anonymously...of course, an anonymous post or thread should be allowed only for sensitive topics...the actual username to be visible only to admins and moderators if required for moderation...