Postpone the date of periods!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Monsi, Sep 10, 2007.

1. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

Re: Postponing the Periods date

Hi everyone,
    iam getting married on 21 st dec. this month my period date is 26 of oct ie., today.every month my period dates comes 2or 3 days before , so therfore my period date for nov will be 23 or 24 & during dec it will be 21 or 22.
    since iam getting married , i do not want my periods to come exactly on my marriage date , not becoz it is my marriage but exactly on that day soon after marriage i have to travel 6 to 7 hours to a town in south in a van or a bus.
    1.the problem is i just cant sit for 6 or 7 hours with periodic stomach pain & legs pain.
    2. if i get the period in the morning itself then ,i can use the napkin , what if i did get periods while travelling , where can i get down & use napkin , as a bride.
    i want some home remedies to postpone it , i read the previous posts , that eating roasted dhalia will postpone it , is it sure . can i use it & test it for the coming month. i dnt want to eat banana & increse my weight.& more over , i dont want to take any tablets also.
    pls suggest some home remedies.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sumividya,
    First of all, Advance wishes for ur married life....:thumbsup
    U can try home remedies this month itself & pre-pond ur periods this month itself. So it will save u from trouble before ur marriage. If things dint help before ur marriage, u can try tablets. Once in lifetime having a tablet will not harm u!!!
    Ppl used to say Papaya & pine apple also helps in faster arrival in periods.... But it never worked for me..... (for ur info, i had my periods in my marriage day well after all rituals got over & after safe reach to my moms.... Only my DH, mom & sis knows it!!! )
    So don't worry & trouble urself!!! if u worry, that will help u to put u in trouble....
    Cheers..... :)

3. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

This tip was given to me by a friend's mom.

Tie any black thread {a couple of rounds & then tied to a knot ...} on both your big toes (seperately of course....) a few days before your period's date. Remove it after the function or date you want.

I don't know what logic this has... but you can try it.

PS: I haven't yet got the oppurtunity to try it.... Maybe I should give it a go!

4. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Hello Sumividya,

Congrats in Advance for getting married next month.

This month i tried roasted dhalia and really it worked for me. The day you stop, next day you may get your periods. Take it empty stomach in morning. Also take it this month itself.

Hope it works for you.

5. vibusha

vibusha Bronze IL'ite

what is the home remedy for postpone my period?

i am going on vacation for 1 week. it will be very inconvenient for me if i get period. i have copper iud since 4 months. so i am having heavy periods. hence i have to avoid. pl. tell me any home remedy or pills which i could get in abudhabi.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: what is the home remedy for postpone my period?

Hi vibusha,

Please follow the thread in the link. In that you can find answers to your question...
    Postponing the Periods date
    Hope this will be useful to you....

7. pixiefairy84

pixiefairy84 New IL'ite

home remedies

I'm missing my periods and i'm not pregnant. I did consult a doctor and all the results were normal. Is there any home remedies to prepone and postpone periods?

8. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Re: home remedies

Hi
    Am in the same situation. I did not get my periods but am not pregnant. Unfortunately I have PCOS. Check some home remedies online.. I am trying jeera+sesame+jaggery decoction. I have just done it for a day.. lets see... Even am not sure how long shd I do this, if this is correct procedure etc.

9. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

The best option is visiting the doctor immdly.........

10. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Please dont experiment with your health.How long you are not getting periods? It may be due to hormonal imbalance,stress, changed fud habits.
    There are medications for postpone/prepone,but please use this under medical supervision only.

4 months back even i used to get irregular periods.I went to a gynae.She wrote all the tests to me like full abdomen scanning,thyroid tests,blood,urine etc.It seems i got some problem in ovaries,which she said its a common case in ladies and gave me some pills which used till now and now its all right for me.

So dont worry and consult a good gynae,get proper medication.

Haritha