1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Posting On Behalf Of Friend Need Your Inputs

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Jas82688, Aug 21, 2018.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

First of all, driving record has nothing to do with the custody. She made an accident that doesn't mean she will go to jail, unless it is a hit and run or drunken driving case. Worst case scenario, her license will be suspended for awhile. May have to be at the mercy of her co-workers to drive her to work for awhile. Is there anyone lend her the money, it would be $600 to $800 fine to get her the license back?

She has to learn to act deaf eared to him, ignore him completely. Crying wouldn't help but being determined will let her focus on the future. She has to stand up for herself.

1. not to let him take her salary (pay back the fine amount)
    2. leave the grocery list to him, let him get the food items if he wants to eat
    3. stock up on cereal / fruit cups / soup / frozen vegetables, juice to eat & feed the kids
    4. Don't hesitate to do the house work
    5. if he takes the kids outside, good for her...sleep or watch TV
    6. there are library books, audio books / videos - she can rent for free

There could be 100 hundred reasons to cry, but there is roof over her head, food to eat and work that keeps her busy. She is simply drowning on the self pity. She needs moral support and kind words to recover. Hope, you can support your friend.

It takes one phone call to 911, to report him and his life will be ruined. She has to understand her rights, first and she deserves to live without the fear of the abuse. Worst case scenario, she can approach local women's group to walk away from this life. Kids will understand her, once what he had done to push her out of the marriage. Let him take care of 2-kids, then he will understand what 'life is'. --- JMO

(sorry, I am extremely upset / disturbed by reading this post, what kind of person is he? Brought an innocent person to abroad and torturing her like this?)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Laks09 and shravs3 like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

God! Why do some men behave like that?? Inspite of she earning, her husband is torturing her.

Abuse need not be physical alone , even mentally abusing is a crime.
    She need to record all his abuse and contact some lawyer as soon as possible.

She need to stand up for herself.
    Atleast She must have control on part of her salary.

They need son for their pride but when the same son stops taking care of old parents then they will realise the value of daughter!

This mindset of wanting son over daughter should change . Only then the society will change.

How merciless he is to wish to put her in jail. Why do such men even exist?? Why do they need marriage ,family etc

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Seriously I wonder why do such people exist!
    And nowadays such incidents are increasing. Recently saw an article about some Indian lady in US who was abused by her husband . But finally she was able to stand up for herself and consulted some lawyers

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

5. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

Yes I felt the same way that’s why posting here to get more idea .. if am in that place I would have trashed him n showed him his real place .. can’t even digest how ugly that fellow abusing her orally ..

He deserves hell for sure ..he brought her here as she is good looking at that time n did her masters but very innocent girl .. now he is complaining she doesn’t have eng degree is he blind at that time ..?

And that fellow curses her all the time before she starts to office you will fell in accident n you will die then I will re settle my life like that .. he wishes her death .. even though she is not daring to come out .. don’t know what she is made with there needs to be some limit even for patience ..

Am very disturbed there’s days after I heard her story definitely she deserves much better life ..

poovai likes this.
  6. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

Yes he is a devil .. wishes her death n curses her all the time

I have asked her what are his major complaints ..?

1. Driving

She is not efficient he knows that but he doesn’t help her to overcome the fear .. she can’t get out of that fear on her own and If increased even after accident ..

Husband took away car keys n telling her she can’t drive for one small accident n dropping her at office and using the commute time to abuse her .. I saw her one time getting out of car with tears ..

Expects her to work 24*7 take all responsibilities now complaints she is not going to gym .. if she ash’s Take care of kids then he says go in the morning when kids sleep .. sothat he doesn’t have to take care of kids ..

She wakes up at 5 prepares food for kids n them .. comes to office by 9 leaves around 6.30 .. after everyone left office .. then again starts coooking babtjing kids feeding them n putting them to sleep .. then cleaning dishes n cutting veg for morning .. she goes to bed by 11 to 12 .. she hardly sleeps 4 or 5 hours in between her toddlers cries fir milk if it’s more than 1 min she takes to feed her devil enters shouting at her even mid night ..

Dint know how to describe I did not see such characters even in movies ..

Between I asked her to post here she told he is very cunning fellow can track her here ..

shravs3 likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Help her to open a bank account of her own. Once that is done she should fill out a direct deposit form at her employer. Her salary will automatically be deposited into her account. She can transfer some amount for the household expenses but the remainder should be kept for her savings.
    There is no need to rely on her husband for driving lessons. Ask her to pay for some classes at a driving school and then you can sit with her while she practices in an empty parking lot.

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

This clearly show she is in an abusive marriage. Why she asked him. That is a mistake. Just open an account. Then face it with courage. He wants her to be a dependent on him . He is afraid of her freedom. This is what any abuser do. Trap the victim. She needs to stand up for herself. I dont see any other way. This kind of life is not good for her or kids..

shravs3 likes this.