Posterior Placenta Reaching Int-os Posteriorly. What Does That Mean?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Meenu1991, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

I am currently in 12 weeks and having bleeding on and off. During the latest ultrasound it was mentioned, "Posterior placenta reaching int-os posteriorly." What does that mean? I have been told this is the reason for bleeding and have been advised bed rest. Anyone with similar issues?

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

You are probably having Placenta previa.. Take best rest as advised by doctor and do not travel..also complete pelvic rest..if any progesterone injection is prescribed by doctor take that as it will help..the thing is that sometimes a low lying placenta causes issues like bleeding...but there are many ladies with placenta previa who do not bleed and go on to have full term deliveries...my relative had this with both pregnancies and she was ok..had normal full term deliveries.. Hang in there and take care of yourself, doctors will check in subsequent scans if placenta has moved away from int OS..it usually corrects itself.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Thank you for your reassuring words. I was told that a part of the placenta had attached elsewhere and thats the reason for bleeding. I am still on bed rest but still i keep bleeding on and off. Am not sure when it would stop.

sindmani likes this.