1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Re: hi

Hi babyraji,

The kid s otherwise active n healthy . u don ve to botehr abt this.

First we shud try not to fully feed kids who tend to vomit after eating . keep feeding her once every two hrs n give her snacks n always only til three quarters stomach. but don over feed her on anything. vomitting in kids ll also cause them to ve phlegm as their throat s not developed fully. they aspirate the vomit into lungs n they ll have phlegm too.

I suggest teh folllowing diet plan

morning 7 30
    one tumbler 200ml warm milk r horlicks r any other health drink

9 00
    two idlis with ghee/sugar r chutneyr sambar

11 30
    make sure u have one dal every day toor r moong r masoor r channa with rice
    ghee
    rasam/sambar/ kootu
    some veggies avoid deep fried oily stuff 9 u can give jus two thrre pieces of them n give her boiled veggies if ur making a deep fried veggie.

2 00 pm
    a cup of curd rice with sambar r rasam r veggies( take n laeve the curd outta fridge for 10 mins before giving. n don worry u can give curd to kids who get phlegm. only tht it shudnt be sour.

4 00 pm
    2 biscuits/ cut fruit/ crackers with one glass 200 ml of warm milk

I suggest early dinner around 7 30.since the gap here is lil larger u can give flavoured yoghurts thats not cold r fresh fruits r sumthng if she feels hungry r else ill better say to starve her till 7 30 cos then she ll eat her dinner properly

7 30 pm
    2 idlis/ dosas/ chapthies/ rice
    with veggies ( avoid curd rice at this time)

9 30pm
    one glass warm milk eevryday with the half teaspoon of powder i suggest( u dry fry n grind lil half finger length vasambhu, 2 to 3 peppercorns,half finger length chukku, n varali manjal) with honey

2. meghu

meghu New IL'ite

thanks for the reply and so useful
    and my mother is having piles problem can u suggest any dite for her she told me that she is having so much of pain and blood when passing the stools
    and she is veg only so so can u suggest any remedy for her

3. charuchitthra

Hi Meghu,

Piles r haemorrhoids s a problem that has to be controlled with diet n lifeestyle changes. There are different stages in it. I assume ur moms in her early stages with only bleeding n constipation . I hope she doesnt have any protrusion out of anus when she tries to pass stools. Bleeding with stool does indicate that she s trying very hard to pass stools.

1. Eat lot of fiber rich foods ( greens, green beans, cabbage, vazhaithandu). one should eat one portion of rice n two portions of veggies which ll help give bulk to the stool thereby relieving constipation.

2. Drink lot of fluids (4 litres water per day s minimum) plus take atleast one tender coconut a day( not the kernel. it shud be watery one).

3. Eat less spicy foods as it ll not irritate ur bowel n so ull bleed less.

4. Avoid deep fried n oily food

5. Eat one fruit with every meal (like breakfast apple. lunch orange, evening snack grapes r sappotta, watermelon in between r with lunch and two bananas r oranges r sathukkudi with dinner)

6. must avoid drinking coffee n tea. can restrict it to one coffee per day n can take milk instead.

If u get back with more health details abt ur mother n where she lives, I can suggest some meds to stop her bleeding.

Regards,
    CC

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Dr. Charu,

Thank you for your immediate reply. Let me explain my problems according to your ques.

1. I get stomach pain as soon as I eat food.
    2. It pains around my abdomen, lower part of stomach, on my thighs & Back of my hip.
    3. I rush to toilet mostly after my food and it goes like diarrhea along with some blood mixed with stool.
    4. After going to toilet, I get relief in pain but it burns while I sit. But, I do not have vomitting or gas problems.
    5. I mostly get the pain when I sit long time infront of PC or when I do some stomach exercises for tummy.

Hope I have explained your questions and please let me know if u need anything more from me...

Thank you Dr. Charu and awaiting for your Kind Advice.
    Suni.

5. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hello Dr.Charu,
    Thanks for ur immediate reply.
    i do give half teaspoon of honey every morning with warm water as soon as my daughter is up frm bed.so shld i continue it along with the night powder?n i didnot understand wht u meant by vasambu,chukku n varali manjal.pls can u give me english names as iam non tamilion.

Thanks n Warm regards
    raji...

6. meghu

meghu New IL'ite

hii doc thanks for the relpy and my mother lives in india (near hyderabad) and i will tell her to eat more fiber rich food and water and fruits and if u know any lady doc in kurnool can u suggesst some plz?? or any medicin so that she can buy from shop
    thanks byee for u reply

7. fresh_hope

fresh_hope New IL'ite

Hello Dr Charu,

i told my father about the remedies you had suggested n he has started taking honey regularly. But there is no improvement so far.Since he has cholestrol problem he cannot take butter.His throat becomes extremely dry n his mouth becomes dry n salty. He takes medication for acidity regularly..can it be because of that? pls suggest some other remedy also...thanks

8. charuchitthra

Hi Babyraji,

U can continue giving honey with hot water r better u can give it with milk if ur kid likes that taste. Anad about that powder chukku is dried ginger( u get it as such in shop) varali manjal is the turmeric we use for cooking (haldi) n vasambhu is commonly called as sweet flag r calamus in english . Am providing all the regional names for vasambhu. Hindi: vasaka, Telughu : vasa ..
    Regards,
    CC

9. charuchitthra

Hi Babyraji,

U can continue giving honey with hot water r better u can give it with milk if ur kid likes that taste. Anad about that powder chukku is dried ginger( u get it as such in shop) varali manjal is the turmeric we use for cooking (haldi) n vasambhu is commonly called as sweet flag r calamus in english . Am providing all the regional names for vasambhu. Hindi: vasaka, Telughu : vasa ..
    Regards,
    CC

10. charuchitthra

Hi Freshhope,

The remedy I suggested will definitely work . Ask ur father to continue it for a week n he ll feel the difference. Ask him to take more honey ( about 6 to 10 tsp in a day ) and I also suggest him to put a piece of panamkarkandu in his mouth like a candy during the day whenever his mouth gets dry. Also ask him to increase his intake of liquids n lessen the amount of caffeine. Panamkarkandu is called palm jaggery commonly. Iam giving all the regional names so Ull b able to find it easily. its called pam -ki-khand r tad ki misri. The botanical name is Borassus flabellifer.

Regards,
    CC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.