1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Weight Loss - Lessons Learned and Staying on Course

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i am a mfp user. but for the past few months not doing anything as per doctor's orders and i can find the difference inching up...:drowning. now all those nerve rejunevators and muscle relaxants are playing a key role. (aaah!! what a relief that i can push the blame on to these).

Maintenance is such a hard work. especially when the muscle and cell memory is so good.

just yesterday recommended mfp to my dd(and i regret that already).and you can't guess the questions popping at home.. "Hey mom! what is the exact name of the breakfast you have served me..bhakri..so what bhakri..and how many calories could this be.. ..seriously..

but it defintely helps..i have lost a lot of weight with mfp and daily plate..infact my measurements history, weight loss graph that is like the attempts of ghazni is all there.

consistency, comittment and not feeling guilty but getting back to the track helps..

having a buddy also helps a lot..

5 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@1Sandhya i have an alarm that goes off at 8.10p.m everynight that has a prompting about entering into mfp. it goes at 8.10. i have an alarm for my meds at 8.00 in the morning for almost 10 years now..so alarms with a few snoozes gives me the heads up on my entering mfp if i don't.

and once you consciously try to do generic entries..it remembers yours and it becomes easy..the menu drop..ah..advantage of technology. imagine writing everything down..it is simple, but you will get into the groove.

I do not have exact command on the calorie counting..but i roughly look at a 400- 500 calorie lunch plate on any given day sans the festival days. so with practice i know how much i consume, since i cook carbs just for me separately.

I kept walking even while i cook, simple steps, side steps and more as i do my work..i would have mentioned thsi somewhere..even when i sit in front of the pc i keep moving my legs ..i do something that is called chair marching..and i can't thank youtube enough that i am back to using all these options to keep my exercises going on. i do have the audio alone of leslie walks in my phone..it kind of keeps motivating me..(uff 2010-2015 what all have i tried...)

@justanothergirl , @gauri03 @Laks09 you all rock.. i need to maintain my weight more than ever because of the strain on the spine.. so i may not post much but i will be that peeping tom here..

7 people like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Gauri03 and @Shanvy :bowdownkneesmiley Thanks for the awesome posts...its one of those days at work for me..Will be back to post replies.

And Gauri03 love ur idea :thumbsup. @Laks09..can you please edit the name of thread to ..reflect something along the lines of Weight loss tips and lessons learned along the way!

1 person likes this.
  4. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Feel like a mega-fool reading this thread while snacking on Triscuit topped with cheese :-(

1 person likes this.
  5. justanothergirl

one quick thing
    @1Sandhya...that is an amazing insight. :thumbsup
    @Gauri03 is spot on about water retention. Carb heavy or Sodium rich meals can lead to water retention .That is why u see weight gain in the morning after a heavy dinner.
    Daily weighing is good. Account for the fluctuations. The over all trend should be downward.

Exercise..somehow evening exercise doesnt work for me..I cannot sleep after that..
    How about an elliptical..low impact and u can plop it infront of the TV .

2 people like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We're all calorie counters here! Eat your Triscuit guilt-free, if it fits your calorie goals. :biggrin2:

kaniths, Laks09 and dimhere like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sandhya - Are you weighing yourself daily? A lot of stuff brings about weight fluctuations. PMS makes you retain water. High sodium food the previous day. I find that when I'm carb loading for races, I put on a good 4-5 lbs. Also, it is recommended to weigh yourself at the same time of the day on weigh in days(without clothes is what the MFP peeps say). I would say even if you do weigh in daily, record it only once a week. Personally, I try and stay away from the scale until it's weigh in day. I don't want to deal with the daily fluctuations.

Btw, for workout, lots of people on here love the Leslie Sansone walking vidoes on youTube. Fitness blender for some work well. I personally love zumba videos but these days I'm into running and yoga. I've begun to love the yoga class.
    @Gowri03, look into it if you are allowed to do yoga on your injured foot. I never thought it would be this beneficial but my shoulder is thanking me for doing yoga. I also started back slowly after my foot injury and on days I do yoga, my foot doesn't hurt at all. Those stretches really help.

Rihana, SunNaa, angeldreams and 3 others like this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hey!

How come the thread title changed? I was hunting for this thread for last 2 days 'ki woh wala thread kahaan gaya?' :bangcomp:

9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

@Gauri03, @Laks09, @justanothergirl

hey girls,

sorry for the late reply but I just couldn't find this thread! I did read all your replies and thank you so much for all the feedback. yeah, I am weighing myself daily that's part of the problem. Maybe it is just my system adjusting and I need to give it 2-3 weeks since I had discontinued regular exercise over the summer. You know how that goes, right?
    I have decided to incorporate more raw food and salads esp in the evening. I too need to have that full feeling. It is working on and off so far. If I remember to buy/cut the veggies and keep it ready then it works. otherwise babaji ka thullu!:thumbsdown

I havent bought any salad mixes in ages. Any brands/sizes you can recommend for the rushed days??
    @Shanvy -- chair exercises??!!! Wow kneesmiley Now I have heard it all! Glad to see you posting and out and bout. Hope you are feeling better now.

2 people like this.
  10. justanothergirl

@1Sandhya....thats part of the elaborate plan we hatched..hunting burns calories..hehehehe..ok ok serious now.
    Salad..this combo is my fav
    fresh-express.jpg +
    +
    EBF_5oz_SpringMix.jpg

+ cranberries + half an apple + Almonds.
    And my all time fav dressing..
    Panera bread 00018959140036_full.jpg

No I do not work for any of these companies.

1 person likes this.