1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Swimming Workout Meal Ideas Plz...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Srinidhi007, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Srinidhi007

Srinidhi007 Silver IL'ite

Dear @Laks09

Thanks a lot for your detailed inputs. i was out of station hence couldn't respond earlier.

I think my protein intake is lesser in my post workout meal. i need to concentrate on that. Also, i am not taking nuts frequently which i need to implement on a daily basis. i am taking healthy carbs post workout, i think proteins are lesser.

last week my swimming time was less than an hour due to some outside work, i felt better post swimming and was not tired.

i am totally impressed with your endurance to run long distance. appreciate your efforts :) Keep rocking

Thanks a lot...

Laks09 likes this.
  2. Srinidhi007

Hi @SassySalsa

Homemade Banana milkshake is a good idea, i love it, will try next time :)

3. Srinidhi007

Hi @sokanasanah

i checked with my trainer, she told my strokes are good, probably i need to improve on breathing techniques. i am planning to reduce my class to one hour, let me do that for sometime and observe. Thanks for your inputs :)

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

It's great to have that feedback. I'm sure that makes you feel good!
    Yes, possibly. Whether you are trying to make gains in speed or endurance, good breathing is a must. It is important to get the head position and the rhythm (meaning the synchrony between your strokes and your breath) right. You also need to become self-aware enough to ensure that you breathe between every stroke). If your rhythm is off, you may be skipping breaths without realizing it i.e. getting a breath every 1.5 or 2 strokes (occasionally or routinely - either will tire you faster). Also, the amount of air you draw at every breath matters. You may be breathing at every stroke, but perhaps you are breathing shallow, not drawing the air you need each time.

All of the above are problems for me even when I am rowing - and I am not even in the water! Moreover, when I am trying to focus, I 'forget' to breathe - I actually catch myself holding my breath, no matter what I happen to be doing (even at my desk!). If you try a backstroke and you find yourself far more relaxed and efficient, that may be a hint that you need to work on your breathing technique.

Try slowing everything down. Don't go for speed or endurance, but try to get into your breath mindfully. Your trainer can monitor head-position and rhythm, but in the absence of equipment, only you can get an idea of whether you are drawing into your lungs the air you need .

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Laks09 and Srinidhi007 like this.