Post Pregnancy - Postpartum Pains

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Divya Pillay, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Coccy bone pain & spinal cord pain

get the chiro to work on your back. I took 6 weeks of treatment (2 times per week) and he was able to get rid of 90% of my pain.

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Coccy bone pain & Hand sprain even after delivery??

Pooja,

What is that treaatment all about? How much did they charge you? Insurance covered in that? let me know too..

For me they said they will take x-ray & then doc will suggest something seems.. Did they did x-ray for you?

Last time, since I was preg they just kept a hot compresser kinda thing on my back.. thats it.. then they suggested donut pillow..

am not aware of this treatments but..

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

depends on your insurance so check with them.

for me it was $25 copay each time I went to his office. rest was paid by insurance.

he did not do any xrays.

4. AnithaPartha

HI pooja,

Ours is UHC(UNited health care). Am paying $15 when I visit office. What kind of treatment is that? Did it help you out?

Are you ex ing too?

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Anitha:
    I think also that the chiropractor is the way to go. Your tail bone can get misaligned when the baby is delivered. Call the number on your insurance card and ask them if the chiropractor is covered. When you go to the chiropractor, please metion all the problems as they can work on all of them at the same visit. I personally prefer applied kinesiologists which is a specific type of chiropractic treatment.

Also, you might try taking some calcium pills. My friend in Delhi was having all sorts of hand problems when her baby was like 4 months and when she took calcium they went away.

6. AnithaPartha

Tas,

I see that calcium is associated with bones. Am taking multi-vitamins since 2yrs & also drinking milk & taking egg daily. Let me see what my chyro says. Like your friend I also had that hand sprain pain when I was 5-6mon preg but then it disappeared as soon as I delivered my son. But this tail bone pain is still existing which is surprising me. Pain is manageable but not comfy even after delivery too.

I will ask for a good treatment.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Anitha:
    My friend experienced when the baby was 4-5 months after delivery. She was breast feeding (she is a big milk producer) and my guess is that she got calcium depleted due to the breast feeding. Your chiropractor may carry supplements and see if she/he can give you a good calcium.

8. payal2010

payal2010 New IL'ite

Re: Vaginal dryness

dnt worry too much about vaginal dryness.... instead of using gels, i would suggest you lots of love and foreplay before making final action....

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: body pains

Lavii,
    Somehow I missed answering this post!!!How is yoru DD by the way, Whts her name??
    For your queries, Ask my mom, definitely she complains!!!! garlic in ears ledu kani, cotton pettukone danni and ofcourse I hadbeen wearing slippers for quite logn time, so no difference atleast.
    Just use hot water only for any washing your hands/baby feeding bottles etc..
    Just cotton balls are enough to put in ears. Ofcourse most of the times they are out and I used to give lame excuses. And dont forget to wear Pregnancy belt.This will reduce air in stomoch and will become flat.
    Post pregnancy phase is critical for ladies as if we come across any flaws, the results will be drastic in later point of time.
    Because of not using cotton in ears, my MIL got deaf after her pregnancies. Thank God!

10. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite