Post Pregnancy - Postpartum Pains

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Divya Pillay, Oct 28, 2007.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

body pains

hi,
    my DD completed 2 months yesterday..mine was a planned c-sec.i have severe hand,legs,back pains and headache often..is this common?how long does this last?any home remedieswhich can help reducing the pain.
    i have put on 19kgs during pregnancy but 15 days after delivery i lost 14 kgs i am looking normal except for the arms part..it has become sooooo huge and dint reduce at all .any tios or exercises i can start to reduce it?

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: body pains

Pretty normal - the pains I mean. Had the same. Unbearable. The only thing that helped was massage and taking hot showers 3 times a day. I could attribute the pains to lack of sleep mostly. So do try and rest as much as you can. Take a multi-vitamin and a calcium/magnesium supplement as well.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

pmahensa
    thanks for the reply
    bathing 3 times a day?usually i used tobath twice but after delivery i hate to do it even once..i feel tired alll the time eventhough i am not doing any work at home...i should join my work back in fewmore days if this pain nd tiredness continues i am not sure if i can continue working :(

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

lavii,

They might be postpartum pains.
    You need relaxation,nutritional diet. For excersise, I believe you need one more month.
    If you aren't breastfeeding, you have more options for treating your headache. Caffeine may do the trick, and you can take ibuprofen or Tylenol as directed on the package. Also, massage some of the essential oil-infused lotion into your shoulders and neck. You may find that dipping your feet into cold water while applying heat to the back of your neck may just jolt the headache right out of your system.

Relax as much as you can. Check with your gynic if the pains are severe.

5. vanishri2025

vanishri2025 New IL'ite

dark circles around eyes after child birth

Ladies,
    Its 8 months after my baby birth but still its not going over,initially i thought bcoz of some weakness and gradually it will go.
    Anybody please suggest.

Vanishree

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

hema
    may be you are right ..usually i used to sleep almost 8-10hrs at a stretch now i am sure its less than4-5 hrs a day...in morns as we shifted to new home my mom is taking care of that stuff so i am almost managing the kid alone now.....
    hema as you are an andhrite just wanted to ask you ...did you follow things like kapukovatam,keeping cotton with garrlic in ears ,wearing slippers at home all the time and things like that?

7. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear..

I am also an andhrite.. I suggest you to keep cotton in the ears to reduce the headaaches, I also delivered baby in the month of july and for me in US it was hot summer, but still I used to get headaches and once I started putting cotton, they reduced(it is because the air goes inside the ears and causes headahces)our boody needs heat after delivary to heal, and thus elders give us garlic/curryleaves powder(karivepaku podi) and sonti podi. Also you need more rest to reduce the body pains, body pains might be due to reduced sleep also. when baby is sleeping , try to sleep keeping all work aside(atleast before you join the job again) also try to tie the cotton chunni(our salwar kameez chunni) around the waist to reduce the fat in the waist, these are all tips from our elders and defenitely they have value.

sujatha.

8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

sujatha garu
    thanks for replying ..ya will defintely do these ...kani oka doubt..this is 3rd month after delivery so if i start them now do you think it helps or is it too late?

9. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear lavii,

better late than to be never. The tips will defenitely help now as you still have after effects of delivary. Nothing to lose trying them. Also there is ayurvedic herbal mix called "kayam" which our elders give for new mothers after delivary, it is now available ready made in ayurvedic stores. you can try that to get the body back to normal with hormones normalized as before pregnancy, it also increases heat in body and produces more milk. Ask your mother about it. If not this, you can defenitely try simple tips like putting cotton(especially in andhra now it is rainy season, it will benefit you) and using karivepaku podi and sonti podi.

Sujatha.

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Coccy bone pain & spinal cord pain

Dear Ladies,

Am a working mom. Delivered my son 9mon back. Since my 5th mon preg period am suffering from coccy bone(tail bone pain). Doc said I will be okay post delivery but it is not the case. Still now if I sit or stand tail bone pains. Anybody facing this?

Also, I got epidural. After 8hr work and eve ex, immediatedly I get spinal cord pain. Not hip pain but at the back beneath shoulders. Will back massage in parlours help me out? any body tried it before

Any idea when all this will go away?

Got cyropractor appt for oct6th.. Last yr since I was preg they did not take x-ray. But next mon they said they will take x-ray and chk..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010