Post Pregnancy - Postpartum Pains

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Divya Pillay, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Divya Pillay

Divya Pillay New IL'ite

Massage ladies for New born Baby and mother

Hello everyone,
    I live in Dubai and have been on the look out for a lady who can come and give my baby and me a massage after delivery. I am due in december 07 and I have heard that these massage ladies have to be booked months in advance.
    i am a bit concerned that I may miss the bus.
    Could anyone living in Dubai suggest some ladies to do this. I live in the Karama Bur Dubai area.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from someone.

Divya

2. JAYMINI LAKHANI

JAYMINI LAKHANI New IL'ite

Re: Massage ladies for New born Baby and mother

HI DIVYA,
    i'm in he same position!! have u foud anyone yet?

kindly let me know

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

How to cope up with the pain from epsiotomy?

Hi all,

Besides painkillers, any idea or suggestions how to cope up with the pain from stitches? It hurts really bad and sitting is not at all possible.

The doctor had said it would take 2-3 weeks for stitches to dissolve by themselves and till then I can take painkillers.

But most of the time painkillers dont seem to be effective for me. Also feeding the baby is becoming more painful becoz I am not able to sit down.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: How to cope up with the pain from epsiotomy?

Dear Pavithra

I had episiotomy for both deliveries and yes,it can be painful.Whenever you are sitting anywhere,try to sit on some soft surface,try using some pillows or cushions.Until the stitches dissolve and heal,we just have to bear it.For my first delivery,I was in labor for almost 1 whole day and after the delivery,the only pain was that from the episiotomy.This time,even though the delivery was quick,the pain from the episiotomy is there combined with terrible groin pain which does not allow me to move my legs freely.I have noticed that using warm water to wash waist-down helps a lot in soothing down this pain.

5. ram12

ram12 New IL'ite

Dear Pavitra,

First of all congrats on the new arrival .All the best with everything .There are few tips that you can follow to heal the stiches easily .

1.You can start taking Arnica tablets .They are small homeopathic tablets that you can buy from the pharmacy.It is very good for Healing .
    2.You can also pour few drops of Tea Tree oil in the bath tub and sit in the warm water for few minutes .Also another thing to get from the Pharmacy is Epsom salt .They are also very good for stiches .You can put some in the bath water .
    3. Also when passing urine you can take a mug or a sports water bottle and sprinkle water while passing urine this reduces the stinging and wont hurt the stiches .Also change the pads quite often.Drink plenty of fluids .I know my mom used to say do not drink too much water after the delivery as it wont heal the uterus .But make sure you drink lots of fluids .

Hope this helps and you recover easily .I am due in another 5 weeks time .

Ramya

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

oh dear! this was one thing I wanted to ask the recent mom, Pavithra:) mine was a c-section and that time my doc said i shdn't worry that it was so because for normal delivery she'd have stitched me up anyway. There were couple of normal delivery cases in the adjacent rooms and they were crying in pain while in hospital... i didn't have any pain after the operation (without painkillers). this time though i'm hoping to have normal delivery and have told my doctor so but i'm really scared about episiotomy. is this unavoidable? wishing you speedy recovery, Pavithra! Latha

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Ramya and Sunitha for the tips. I shall try the Epsom salt. I do sit on a cushion sofa, but as you mentioned Sunitha, it is really bad. :spin

Ramya: All the best for a safe and smooth delivery. We will await your posts in Birth announcements soon.

Latha: I wouldnt scare you, but yes it does hurt real bad. At times I felt I should have had a C-section. It does pain that bad. But never mind, normal delivery is always the best.

I feel now-a-days epsiotomy is becoming more frequent. Whomever I have heard of a normal delivery has had an Epsiotomy done.
    I was pushing very well, that is the one part in the labor which I can take credit of :hide:

The nurse was telling me she could see the baby's head, suddenly she said that epsiotomy has to be done. During that time we hardly think of anything else but to get the baby out. So we both said to go ahead with it.

When the baby came out and she was stitching, I hardly realised the pain because of the happiness from seeing the baby. But the real pain did begin 5-6 hours later.

I hope you have a very normal delivery and all my prayers are with you

Take care

8. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Dear Pavithra,

Congratulations!

I had bad tears and also episitomy with my daughter....to the extent that even now sometimes when I have bad cough or something it hurts slightly!! The pain killers did help me first 3-4 days...after that I gradually reduced taking them as that was making my daughter sleepy..as she was breastfed too.

But the other things that really gave me comfort were...using frequent sitz baths with hot water (use as hot as u can tolerate), also using those special sanitary pads with ice (not sure if you get them in India). But here for me the hospital gave me some and I requested for more of those pads from the nurse. The ice in those sanitary pads really soothe the area. If you dont find those ice packs, try this :idea: - Freeze new born nappies. just pour some water into them and freeze. Once frozen take it out and put it on the area.

Also when its slightly better...do your Kegel exercises..that will help in healing too.

Try to sit on soft surfaces...like put a small pillow when you try to feed your baby. Also try to buy a breastfeeding pillow which will support the baby when you breastfeed and reduce stress on your hands and lower part. If not, try to feed the baby while sleeping on your side.

Enjoy your new baby and take care,
    Sihi

9. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sihi.

Breastfeeding pillows is the one I do want to shop immediately as I am still not got a comfortable position for feeding him

10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Though its a long way to go for me to deliver my baby.....am so scared of this episiotomy. Whats the percentage of women who undergone this episiotomy ? How to avoid this ? Pl help me.....:help:help:help