1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Post Marital Depression Is A Thing.. A Rarely Discussed Topic

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sweety2019, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Well, I am a medical practitioner, sorry to know that we make impressions so soon that we don't see the better side of life.. I am happy to know that some people have assumptions, this is just one dimension to look at, it's most unfortunate that people don't need suggestions, they need recommendations.. God bless!!

2. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Considering that people in west usually date before marriage, I don't know where this concept originated.

Most people think marriage is fun and being in charge of their lives, automatically. That's not the case in reality. Our ancestors knew this and treated marriage like a responsibility. Love was celebrated by poets, but for marriage, rules were laid down.

Nowadays, there are no rules, no wisdom passed down from elders and people anyways don't even want to hear elders. In such cases, there will be surprises and disappointments.

It is okay to talk to someone close, like parents, but take care not to share every aspect of your life with them. It will only aggravate issues, if any. Parents usually are biased towards their children and may unnecessarily provide wrong advice based on the hearing and interpretation, rather than facts. It would be best to watch and observe, be patient in the beginning, than to indulge in outburst. Do not lose hope and unless there is something major - domestic violence, or strange sexual behaviors, do not confide in anyone. As I mentioned, it may make things worse instead of providing relief.

3. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

The problem is the understanding in most cases. When compromises are to made and the other person doesn't acknowledge it. When the spouse doesn't want to do a single thing that will make the other person happy, just because they don't like to do it.

When explaining don't work. It goes nowhere.

When all this turmoil is going on inside a person. All the sadness is directed from the spouse towards you. You start feeling worthless why? Because we as human beings need validation and after marriage the main validation is expected from the new family. Which most times are not given and we face depression.

Im not sure what am I ranting about. Just a bad day.
    I have tried free the mind, prioritise yourself, live for the people who love you. But depression is like alcoholism, sometimes you just fall off the wagon. Then you will have to start all over again. Not a easy ride..

MaruthiRao likes this.
  4. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Just breathe fresh, you will rock your life!!

Sweety2019 likes this.