Post Baby Birth Planning - A new Environment for the newborn

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by suganvijay, Aug 23, 2013.

1. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have opened this thread so as to plan for our post baby birth. As in many of us are first timers and we dont know what all things we should buy. even If we do.. we dont know which brand.. Price.. reviews of those things clearly. I thought this thread could serve the purpose mainly concentrating Indian Woman. Because I had seen similar threads concentrating on US based IL's Which I felt was quite difficult to follow because of the unavailability of those products in India. There are Millions of Indian based Mommies out here.. Who can help us with all the detailing like even the Herbs that are to be given for the babies. TIA :bowdown

2 people like this.

2. suganvijay

Hi All,
    Let me be the first to tell what all I did so far regarding planning.
    1. I have browsed for a diaper bag for my doubles. and have zeroed down to "Okkatots Travel Depot Bag" which My hubby likes it too. planning to get it from eBay or Amazon.
    2. Other than this I have been thinking of asking mom to prepare some Cotton cloth diapers from my Thatha's Veshti(White dhoti) Which shes planning to cut in to small pieces and overlock in sides. I thought making it like that and giving it for a Dhobi wash and Ironing will make it ready to be used for babies.
    3. Feeding bottles for water, Juice and Milk (Dr. Browns / Evenflo/ Playtex Ventaire) based on the availability.

So far I have thought of only these. I have millions of questions running in my mind. Which I will as going further! Thanks in Advance all lovely I's for your support that you have rendered so far! :)

3. suganvijay

Can any Experienced Mommies or Mommies mom.. Explain us the goodness of the Herbs that they give for babies post delivery ?
    I know the Tamil Names of it like:
    1. Vasambu
    2. Jaathikai
    3. Maachakai
    etc.,
    What is the use of these herbs and from which month can we feed these to babies?

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Sugan,

This is going to be to a very useful thread for first time moms. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to add at this moment. But I'll keep watching this thread.

2 people like this.
  5. suganvijay

Thanks Uma.. And Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. suganvijay

I wanted to know about the rubber sheets that they use for the babies under the spread. My friend told me these days we get sheets which absorbs when baby wets and later we can wash it and dry it. Does anybody have an idea of what exactly is that sheet called ???

1 person likes this.
  7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Sugan! You too for hte double blessing :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Suganya: I never used any herbs for my first DD and no plans now too but my friend used vasambu for both her kids. Sorry not of help.

9. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

We get those sheets here in USA. They are called mattress pad I guess.

10. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Hai sugan,

It's called Quick dry sheet, which will be softer than the rubber sheets & absorbs the water & as u said later u can wash it on either washing machine or even hand wash & then dry it.

1 person likes this.