1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positives of your MILs

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SGBV, Apr 23, 2015.

1. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

After knowing how others' MILs treat their DILs, i feel that i am very lucky to have my MIL. To start with, she is very helpful. Takes good care of her grand kids. When anything needed, she even gets up in the middle of her eating. Even if i am at my mom's place, she cooks many dishes and sends them over. Praises me in front of everyone. Appreciates my work without any ego. Always and always tells her son to listen to me. She cooks wonderful food, i learnt all the cooking from her only. the house is always very neat and tidy. things which i don't like is she's too emotional and cries for every small thing.

sindmani likes this.
  2. stg7909

stg7909 New IL'ite

Mmm what to say about my MIL... First of all she is very good cook. In no time she can cook tasty meal with the available ingredients. She says thst her MIL had this quality. Even if some guest drop at our place with informing, I get tensed as what to cook but she does if so efficiently. Also, her dressing sense good. She is very calm n knows how to handle tricky situations without losing temper. Though we have our differences n argue at times but we both never let those things affect our relation.

sindmani likes this.
  3. baatyehai

baatyehai New IL'ite

she's not selfish...she's a good woman, im glad she's my mother in law.

sindmani likes this.
  4. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

My MIL was a gem of a person, a second mother to me and a wonderful grandmother. She raised both her sons very well due to which I have an amazing relationship with my DH. An awesome homemaker and a fantastic cook who was always bursting with ideas. Of course we had our differences because we are both strong-willed individuals. However she was always eager to learn and open to try new things. She never forced her beliefs on anyone and yet she was the center of the family's universe. The way she turned into a child while playing with my son was wonderful to watch! I really wish she could've been around longer in our lives though I am sure she will always continue to watch over us.

sindmani likes this.
  5. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

Positives
    1.cooks food that my hub likes(even I have ate 3 or 4 plates of her food in one go
    2.never (I guess) complains about me to dh .I m a late riser n I don t cook much during my visits
    3.will do anything for their dear son n my dear son
    4.saves all their money for my hub
    5.stingy
    6.puts blade when I visit there
    7never wears good clothes , but she gifts me sarees. I m yet to gift one

nakshatra1 likes this.
  6. apsy

apsy New IL'ite

Positivies of my mil

1) She will hurt me directly in front of everyone and claim how open she is to criticize me openly.
    2)She will talk ill of my mom to me and say iam your mom that's y I pinpoint her mistakes
    3)She will openly support her daughter despite her faults (my SIL) and say I do that because I am the only one there for her just like how u r the only one for ur mother.
    4)She complains about my husband to me and when my husband comes back from work she forgets everything and talks to him sweetly.
    5)She will hurt anyone in a minute..and next minute she will forget it and move along saying I got over it y not u..
    6)she always keeps telling on my face how great she is as a MIL.
    7) she will quickly point out if others make mistake(including her husband) ...and she is very confident she never does any mistake herself.
    All in all she is very positive no matter how badly others are affected.She advises those affected by her very well and asks them to be positive too !

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    seekout likes this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Main positive of my MIL is - she gave birth to my Dear Hubby :)

waiting4rmlong likes this.
  8. Gagan4790

Gagan4790 New IL'ite

Hi...
    My mil is a very very good natured lady as a whole. Everyone admires and respects her.
    1. Very hard working..if maid is on leave, she will try to do everything herself..i hv to force her to stop doing all the work by herself.
    2. Next, shows the right path to my husband. My husband is short tempered sometimes..and only she could tackle him at those times. Otherwise a very good man and a great husband.
    3. Quite a spiritual lady.
    The one and only issue... she couldnt judge ppl and confide in everyone...when my sil (my husband's big brother's wife) keeps on filling her mind against me in a very polite manner huff...and she is convinced most of the times...that time bcms difficult for me. She doesnt say anything wrong...but i can read her face. Actually my sil is jealous of me...n tries to prove herself superior to me in all aspects...but i dont react ever...nor do I backbite about any1

9. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Ladies, this one is seriously tough even for a person who loves to list down things for everything :blush::blush:. Here is my first attempt, though i would love to come back if I find some more positives of MIL darling!

1. She takes very good care of her looks, the clothing, the personal care, the make up, the spas and all. She keeps up the appearances very well. Does not really get disturbed by life throwbacks

2. And when life throws back tough times, she shows her strength. Especially, when she had very less support from her H in bringing up their kids. I am forever grateful to her for that. My DH and his brother now appreciate the value of hard-work, persistence and have lots of emotional strength to take a lead on life

3. She quickly forgets unhappy moments and can focus on herself. Sometimes, I get surprised by how quickly she let the steam off, especially when she creates turbulence at home. In few minutes, if she wants she can talk with everyone in the family as if nothing has happened. Now you all may think, that is not so nice. But I think that is good for her.

4. She loves to shop anytime and she works on her to do list without procrastination.

5. She loves to keep her room clean. She likes to spend more time cleaning the kitchen than cooking in it. So it is good when I come to a clean kitchen, but then she wants to cook when I start cooking, and I can't say much if she has spent hours cleaning the kitchen :frowning:

6. Oh yes, she does not show frequent and open dissatisfaction about my job/ career. I appreciate that. Though sometimes, she thinks she should go out to work, because she thinks working outside home=fun times and working from Home= sad times.

7. She respects my parents alot. Strange, but in my side of family, she loves everyone including my my sis and her family, except me. I like that. I think i reciprocate that by loving everyone in her family, except her :tongueout:

More if she gives me a chance to find +ves.

blindpup10 and SCk like this.
  10. Cutie1991

Cutie1991 Senior IL'ite

My MIL is extremely hardworking, fantastic cook and supports me in my career.