Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SGBV, Apr 23, 2015.
MIL helps with cooking anytime she visits ... no high expectations from me.
She came to live with us by saying she needs rest.. but within 2 days she started doing everything.(all household works ..).. saying she feeling bored ......
Literally i got rest...
This is a nice positive thread ! Thank you for starting this @SGBV .
I have lots of positives to write about.
My MIL is the coolest woman I know. She has been very open minded when it comes to accepting new situations in life. She is a positive person. There is no room for jealousy, insecurity in her life. She also has great enthusiasm for life, good food , good clothes, travel etc. She has never imposed anything on anyone. The best thing is she has been a good mother and MIL . I hope to be like her.
Nice to share different perspective and look at the positive side of things. The one thing that really stood out to me in your sharing about your MIL is that she did not let others' higher education make her feel otherwise. Definitely something to note, at least for me. Anyways, besides what others have already mentioned regarding our respective MILs having given birth to and raised our respective husbands, plus hard-working nature, here are couple more things from my side to add about my MIL:
* not greedy/materialistic - I don't care what she owns/buys/doesn't buy, its her life but she is not the demanding type who expects/wants her daughter-in-law to give her money or buy her expensive things (I have met this mentality before from boys' parents (who have tried to go so far as to demand > $70k from girl's family) so appreciate she (and my FIL for that matter) is not like that.
* extremely close with her large family (siblings, kids and grandkids)
* tries to understand what it is like to live in US vs India
* enjoys buying clothes and other things for family - my husband and I don't need any of this but the gesture is nice and it is good to have new clothes every once in awhile
* not as overzealous about restrictions on menses (that time of the month) as I have seen others do even in today's world, though she does believe strongly that we shouldn't go to prayer room/light lamp/visit temple/family functions revolving around religious ceremonies during that time. She allows free roaming and touching in areas of the house apart from prayer room, thankfully, so even with the restrictions I appreciate that she doesn't further discriminate or restrict the way I have seen/heard about others doing.
* mostly tries to be pleasant and positive about life and means well
* is okay with her son helping out in the kitchen too (not just DIL)
Best thing about my MIL is she raised sensible Men. Both my Husband and Brother in law are awesome persons.
She has got big heart for her grand daughter my LO. She cares for me as well. She was so tensed near my delivery time and continued to push me for bed rest after delivery on phone but still it was nice to have someone who cares. I respect her.
I think there was some sarcasm intended here
My MIL is a very hard-working kind woman. She never imposes any chores on me when we visit their place. She asks what I like to eat and makes that for me and sends lot of stuff like home made pickles, sweets even homemade powder for facepack , hairpack etc even if I don't ask for them.
She was getting worried but never said or did anything hurtful when it took us a while to get pregnant. I'm currently pregnant and she always tells my hubby not to wake me up in the morning, help me in kitchen and not let me do any heavy chores. Not only now, even before when my husband used to help me in kitchen or any other chores she always says to share work. She respects my family and she is friendly even with my extended family. Now when I put these down, I feel even more thankful & grateful to God for giving me such great in-laws and hubby!
My mil is beautiful . Also she has a pleasant attitude . She cooks very well. She is very supportive of her husband . She has many hobbies and she is good in many things . I admire her talents. Overall she is my husband's mom so I feel whatever negative qualities if any , I should ignore because we wil live together and take care of her , I like positive atmosphere at home and in family.
the only positive thing I see is that she takes care of her sons very well.