1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positives of your MILs

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SGBV, Apr 23, 2015.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I know this is not the right place to discuss this matter. However, I am sure many of you have at one point or the other felt the good qualities of your otherwise bad MILs (I know some of your MILs were gems - pardon me). What are they?

I am sharing mine:

She is extremely hard-working. Works like a Buffalo, and thinks she is a supper woman. But the end result is... an ever ready hot meals, neat & tidy house, happy children and what not.

She is extremely social type. Never hold the grudges or at least pretends so. Therefore she has plenty of friends and some have become as much as close as her relatives. Although she lives in a country which is not her home/native, she has a big circle of people who wants her.
    She hurts every other person she meets with, but then she also takes the initiative to patch up, complement and also be polite the next time.

Extremely confident
    This woman studied only upto grade 11. Her circle has many graduates and PHDs. Even then she leads, and never ever felt otherwise. I like it.

How about yours?

Giri12, resmij, Indeevara and 11 others like this.

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi @SGBV,

I agreed Totally. My MIL Have all goodness. We have no issues. I am a Working person. So I provide my Family maintenance to her only. [Which she provide me after my marriage]

Preparing Grocery List, Purchasing Vegetables, Etc etc., Especially she only handle all money matters in Family, All business related things and money i only handled! Even My FIL, MIL and DH are also working with me!

WE have no issues. As well as my Husband is her only Son.

But we have misunderstandings and problems, When our relatives come between us. Some person will come and tactfully turn her mind against me! They dont like me! Coz, My MIL is a helping minded person. She take care of her SIL Family completely, even her SIL's Daughter and son education, wedding, baby shower, delivery, naming ceremony, ear piercing ceremony etc etc.,

Still she wish to spend that family, [Her SIL is no more. SIL's Son get married in rich place and settled well, SIL Daughter is also get married with 2 Kids and settled well], But i stop all things after my marriage. She shows her goodness to them. But they use her well.

I stop all things. She already did in lakhs to them and For her SIL Son now we will provide some land in free.

I against all these things. So if they come, just put lot of ice on my MIL and turn her against me!

In my delivery time, Unnecessarily call our relatives and made me trouble a lot.

But My MIL is good, I call her only mom. 30% she follow others word and fight with me. This only is a bad thing from her! In that time, she never work with me or care with me and a lot of dramas and cryings etc etc., I hate to go home too.

After she compromised, she call me, when i will come, how is my health etc etc!

1 person likes this.
  3. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

@SGBV , u started a very nice thread...
    i'm not praising that my MIL is very good to me but yes always we discuss about MIL's negative behavior so this is lit different to talk about the positive side.
    Let me share my part: My MIL is good looking so always she present herself as beautiful & charming lady too. In my Inlaws side all relatives think she is very caring and loving lady. The best thing wat i like in her is she is very much organized. Suppose she hv to go village or some other place she make herluggage ready very early or atleast keep all the stuffs in one place so she will not forget any imp things (i'm not dat much organize,i pack my bag before one day normally i packed in night and travel the next morning :bonk) Even for cooking she manage very nicely and finish her work very quickly without hurry. Always talk nicely to others ,showing them as lovey dovey ,caring & good person.

noemie and sindmani like this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I never met my MIL but I always admire her in my mind as she raised an awesome son who's my DH !
    So her positives are - she was a great parent !

5. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

Positives of my mil: 1. She lives very far far away from us ;) 2. She can forgive me easily for her mistakes ;) Harhar

6. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Only positive I see in my mil is that she gave birth to my husband. He is my soulmate, the love of my life, a wonderful man and a very good father.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

She is a very good cook.
    Has very good taste in sarees.

Archanaanchan, SGBV and sindmani like this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My MIL is extremely hardworking, and always ready to lend a helping hand.
    She is a dynamic woman who gave up a promising career to raise her son, and they share a deep bond which is amazing to see.
    She is a fantastic cook, and a treasure trove of folk remedies.
    We have our frictions and issues since we are both strong-willed but I have to thank her for raising her son so well!

9. iamnidhi

iamnidhi Senior IL'ite

I like about my MIL:
    Because of her I got nice and wonderful husband.
    I am totally grateful.

Milaani001, NaiveLady and sindmani like this.
  10. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

My MIL does not procasinate, gets things done right away and I admire that because I am a procasinator. She entertains very well and puts together nice parties. She raised my daughter and I did not pay her a penny and took really good care of her.