1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positives of your MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by radsahana, Jan 23, 2010.

1. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Positives about my MIL:

-Her intelligence
    -Her patience and tolerance in certain things
    -the way she treats her guests.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear reach

yeah you have whole lot of good and positive things about your MIL.

thanks for the fb. have a gr8 day

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Susri,

Thanks for the fb. Even my MILs dress very neatly, she likes to dress well, which is really a good thing, even then we feel like to dress nicely:)

Dear Meharnisa: Hey nice for the fb. I appreciate that you can come out with 20% of positives. She likes to speak with you, is really a good quality, normally old people have egos, they expect younger one to talk first. I think that is a very good quality.

Dear Soldier: Thanks for the fb, even with your busy schedule you gave the fb. Yes bonding betwen couples is very good, even my inlaws, they too are >70s are very cohesive.

raji2678: Vow your mil takes care of you so much, you wont be missing ur mom much. it is really a touching gesture to take care.

narasmanasi: Thanks for the fb. Yeah you are very right, that you think of positive whenever there is a some issues, which is very good. Good perspective towards solving the problem.

4. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

My MIL is a super cook. She makes lip smacking traditional food.

If I mess up any dish, she encourages me and says thats ok, It is good that you tried.

she is a woman of willpower.

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey renuka

your mils seems to be a gem of a lady. what else you can ask for from any MIL. have a great life with her.:)

dear shilpama: thanks for the fb.

dear abibaby: i appreicate your fb, thanks.yeah patience i think comes with age, after having kids, running around them, accepting their tantrums :). but even at old age, having that much patience is really a top quality.

dear aswini: Yeah will power, in yourelf can make you achieve anything. surely we can learn lot from her. thanks for the fb.

6. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Wow, so many good qualities of so many MILS really lucky.........I am feeling a lil jealous:rant:)....don't feel bad but I am sorry to say that my MIL has no positives for me :( but she has lot for her DD's.
    1)She is a great and energetic cook for her DD but not for me. when she comes to my place she always looses her energy.
    2) She always greets her DD friends with a smile but my friends not even a smile.
    3) she greets her DD inlaws with such a warmth and affection but with lot of arrogance towards my parents.
    4) She is really a soft spoken lady for my DD inlaws but a arrogant b****who shouts like hell to my parents.
    5) She is very nice in treating her both Son-in-laws but very very arrogant and rude in treating her one and only DIL.
    6) She loves shopping when with her daughters or to buy something for her daughters but very stingy when it comes for her DIL.
    7)She is very unclean both with DD as well as DIL.
    8) She is a lady who cries a lot if her DD has some inlaws isssue or DH issue but the next monet itself she forgets everything and tries to implement all those bull **** in my life.
    9) She wants her DD to always stay her place and also her son inalws as well.but she made her son so against my parents that he is not talking to them for the past 4 years.
    10) she is so caring about her DS that she wants her DIL to be like an orphan who should not have her own life and should take care for his DS and she cares about her DD so much that she wants them always to be infront of her either she will go and stay with them or the DD will come and stay with her.
    11) She is so sweet she applies Henna to her DD and to herself but during their makeup sessions time makes me cook for them in the kitchen like a slave for them.
    12) she puts breakfast for her DD who is working and gives her tea when she is back from work but for me I ahev to cook her breakfast and after coming from office make her coffee give it to her and then make myself cofee and drink.
    13) she does laundry and dishes at her DD place but she is tired when she is at her DIL place.
    14) She can cook for 100 people for her DD guest for a party but she is a old lady who needs rest and cacn't even cook for 4 people while she is at her DIL place.
    15) Religios rules and regulations only for DIL but she never prays or puts diya infront of god.
    16) She spends
    17) In short, for her DD she is tooo Modern and very friendly and charming lady but for her DIL she is too conservative ,orthodox, strict and arrogant lady.
    so my MIL has positves but only for her DD :( not for her DIL.:(

7. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

So much of stress from My MIL and FIL he is also the same as mentioned above. But the only thing that is making me survive is my DH who is also playing the double game like my MIL and FIlL. He is different infront of them and different when they are not around But only with me not with my parents. I hope some day He will change and will be friendly with my parents as well.Then I don't care a damn of How my MIL behaves.
    Only the hope is keeping me alive . Let's see.

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear akruti,

i know it hurts, when our DH dont speak properly to our parents and give them respect. I can empathise with you. Stay positive and i am sure this too shall pass soon.

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Akruti I really need to do a background check if ur MIL & mine are related by any chance :rotfl.

10. seemanair

seemanair New IL'ite

Hi friends

Very good thread indeed.I guess we are too busy noting down the things which we don't like in others that we don't give enough consideration to their positive points.Personally my mil is very good ,in somethings better than my mother.
    1.She is very broad minded.
    2. Doesn't interfere in our lives beyond the point we allow anybody.
    3. Doesn't expect me to be the perfect dil.Understands that I come with my views,both positive and negative.
    4.Is very religious but doesn't insist that I follow that too.
    5.Advises my hubby when she gets to know that he is too occupied with work to spend time with family is also a priority.
    6.Enjoys her space and lets us to have our space too.
    7.Loves going out to shopping and eating out with me and having a good time in general.
    8.Is very good at time-management,maintaining one-self,etc.

These are just few things that make her special.She has loads more to write.I just feel so happy and lucky when I have points after points to write about her.There are certain things that we don't agree about but I also come with some negative traits.So I guess that somehow balances everything out.Moreover what's the fun of life if there aren't some issues to think\debate over.If its too sweet won't we get diabetes.:)

Hats off to her:hatsoff.Also to raise such a gem of a person-my hubby.:thumbsup

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010