1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positives of your MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by radsahana, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Meharnisa

Meharnisa Silver IL'ite

I think too much spelling mistakes.
    Because i typed in hurry.Because i am at office now!!!!!!!!!!

2. RenukaVimal

RenukaVimal Senior IL'ite

these are the positives that i could come up abt my MIL
    - soft-spoken
    - doest expects me to cook or help her whn i m there and cooks my fav dishes for me!even prepares coffee/tea for me
    - treats me, my co-sis and sil as equal.
    - was the first one to give go-ahead whn DH told her abt me during the initial days of our courtship.
    - took good care of me and insisted i stay at their place whn i was working in the same city as theirs and my parents were in a faraway city and my DH (who was my boyfriend then) was abroad studying. (btw, FIL worked in another city as well n initailly didnt approve of our relationship)
    - used to wake up early in the morn to cook breakfast and pack lunch for me and DH whn we stayed with her during the initial days of our marriage. and dinner would be ready by the time we got back home from work
    - treats my parents and relatives with respect.
    - loves my kids and pampers and spoils them with love whn we r there
    and lots more!! infact me and my MIL get along well better than me and my mom! yes...thr are few downs once in a while...but then after reading all the sad/horror stories abt MIL's in this forum...i feel i should be really thankful to GOD and no crib abt the small things that i get annoyed abt her and learn to appreciate her more.

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi lavii

thanks for the fb.

Keeping the things clean is really a good thing. I remember one of my friend had big problem since her mils was very unclean.

I really appreciate you have lot of positives to say about ur MIL.

I have this way of asking help from my MIL, "can you do this for me, if possible" rather than do this, or not asking help at all. Sometime the way we ask make some difference not only with MIL, but with everyone else.

have a gr8 day.

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hey Aarthi,

vow your MIL is really very good, treating DIL and DD equal is not very easy, and it is one of the most important thing to bring the relationship close between MIL and DIL.

have a nice day.:)

5. Menku

Menku Junior IL'ite

My MIL has no positives according to me and even if she does they are only for her son (my hubby) :thumbsup

She's the biggest B**** anyone can come across ever !

Can you imagine a mother encouraging her son to drink - scotch after scotch and then discussing topics to create a fight in the house b/w me and my hubby, just to gauge if my hubby supports her or me, just to sense how close we are and how strong is our relationship and then crying and saying that she is so concerned for him and that she always feels that he is not happy with me and he should divorce me and as soon as something happens which is not living upto their expectation he should be calling my parents and taking them for a ride :)

Can a mom be so nasty and bad ? Other than a B**** what else will u call this women ?

I can't think of a better name for this women !

Cheers !

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Oh such a nice thread where i would also love to contribute.

1. My MIL has great taste for cooking. Her casual cooking would taste awesome.
    2. After marriage when i learnt many styles of her cooking, relatives from my parents' side started complimenting me so much - so i used to feel happy that i have caught up with MIL.
    3. The hospitality she extends to people is tremendous. Whenever there is any visitor, she would serve them with smiles and feed them till they are overloaded. My people used to say, i am scared ur MIL will serve food when i come there!!!
    4. Though she was conservative on so many issues, she used to mingle with the next generation members very well.
    5. She used to take care of FIL so well - i have never seen such a bonded couple.
    6. When they return after listening to music concerts and return home by 9.30 or 10.00 at night, on the way she used to get veggies which my FIL loves and even cook them for their late night dinner!! This has surprised me so much even till date.
    7. Even when my FIL teases her, she used to take it in good spirits.
    8. Even at the ripe age of 70+ they both used to enjoy a lot - sharing, caring, living for each other which I used to like a lot and I admired their mutual affection and understanding very much.
    Right now only these many come to my mind.
    C u all later. have to leave for office in another 1 hr.

7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

The positives of my MIL:
    1) She treats me as her own daughter
    2) Very active
    3) Treats all guests well, irrespective of whose side they belong to
    4) Takes good care of me when I am not well
    5) Understands the troubles of working women and does not expect a lot
    6) Very religous
    7) Brought up her sons very well

All I can say..Thank you God.

8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

1. She's very active for everything thats related to members of her own blood stream. Buying grocery & veggies, hostitng parties etc.
    2. Over possessive/ caring/ pampering sorts for kiddies.. that too only those again related to her by bld. Immense patience here.
    3. She ties her saree v neatly & comes back in same folds as she left, she pins it v elegantly.
    4. If she's on a positive note with you then she can give a few practical solutions to allocation of work & hiring of servants.. from those of her kitty party members but is herself not able to maintain even 1 servant for long.. say max 1 mnth or 2.
    I cant recall anything else thats of any mention as a positive quality for this post.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  9. narasmanasi

narasmanasi New IL'ite

hi all

Am new to Indusladies and have been reading lots of posts eagerly - both the positives and negatives of a MIL DIL relationship .
    Nice to see a thread focussing on the positives !
    My 2 cents worth

I really like the passion with which my MIL celebrates festivals - for Varalakshmi Vratham she got up at 3 to make 9 dishes or whatever is needed for the festival ! And I took a flight and sailed in that morning just to do the puja ... really like her enthu in life

And try to think of this when the differences of opinion arise

10. krk

krk Junior IL'ite

My MIL too has many many positives. I pen down a few below....
    1. If someone conducts a test for patience, she will definitely top the list. She is the best mother, even now at the age of 65+, she can make any dish which her kids ask for even if its midnight. Physically she has so many problems and is not keeping fit, but still she does.
    2. She never forces me to eat something which I dislike. Incase, she prepares something for her chldren which I dislike, she makes sure to prepare something for me which I like.
    3. She never passes comments on me either in front of me or behind me. This I know very well because gossips do reach one's ears how ever secretive they are..
    4. She is very very religious.
    5. Since, I am also the kind who wants to follow all hindu festivals and traditions, she is my encyclopedia for everything at all times.
    6. She respects and cares for my parents and all my relatives very well.
    7. She takes care of all grandchildren (my kids, sil'd kids) very well.
    8. She never complains about anybody.
    9. She was a wonderful wife to my fil... just his opposite coz he was extremely short tempered.
    10. Takes care of me very well when I am not well or am very depressed.
    11. Very good cook.

She is the best MIL any dil could ever have. I am blessed to have her as my MIL...:2thumbsup: