1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Portland ladies meet here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Portland' started by Bethany, Feb 11, 2010.

1. srisin

srisin New IL'ite

Hi Saratha,

My name is Sindhu, accidentally went through this page and very happy that you have taken nice initiative of providing/helping with useful information to people. :) I will be moving to Oregon shortly with my twin boys of 6 years old. I have no idea on the place and where to look for houses/Schools etc. Can you please let me know the factors that I should consider for choosing schools and area for choosing house too! My husbands office is at Hillsboro.

Thanks,

2. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Hi sindhu
    WARM welcome first of to oregon! I'll guarantee you will love each day of your stay in portland!
    Factors totally depend on your choices and lifestyle.
    School district popu large among Indians here is beaverton school district and hence beaverton / bethany is the Hotspot for schools.
    But I since these two places are overcrowding...the next place u can lean on is hillsboro.
    I live in hillsboro area where my husband heads to work just like 2 miles to 5 miles away... so getting stuck in traffic is avoided.
    The elementary school where my son goes is 6 in rating and to us it's a good rating for a school that started in 2008.
    I'm not sure what are your priorities are...so when u have confusion in any area... ping me I'll help u with as much info I know.
    Hoping to see u in person once you move.
    Take care.

3. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

You can check my previous responses to others too where I would have provided basic info and my personal email info

4. srisin

srisin New IL'ite

Hi Saradha,

Thank you very much for your quick reply :) I really look forward to move there!! Sure I will get your email id from previous threads. My husband is moving end of May and we will follow later. will provide more details in your personal id.

Thanks Again!

5. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Btw, mrudula and sindhu...
    May I ask where u are moving from? Is it from india or within usa?
    My native is southern part of india..basically coimbatoreian. .if it doesn't ring a bell...u can take me to be from chennai as my in laws r from chennai.
    We have lived here in usa for 11 yrs now and particularly living in hillsboro we have 6 yrs experience!
    If u have any questions and concerns or queries feel free to reach me... I'll try to answer with the best of my knowledge.
    Once again looking forward to.seeing you settle here in this wonderful green place!
    Nature is at its best here in oregon!

6. srisin

srisin New IL'ite

7. srisin

srisin New IL'ite

Hi Saratha,

Not sure how to contact you.. if possible can you please give me your email id or mode of contact:)

8. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

Hi Saratha

we are moving within USA and we have been here for a very long time. the two apartments that you mentioned in Hillsboro doesn't have any availability. so can you please suggest some others. my priorities are playmates for my daughter and reasonably good school.

Thanks
    Mrudula

9. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Can check creekside apartment, club at tanasbourne, the Terrance, avana, nexus, theoncroft, lions gate, tesseraapts.com,the orchards, platform district...
    All these are Hillsboro based and around my home that I see everyday
    There's one other too which is close to indian stores...forgot their names..Google search for apna Bazar and you will get some apartments closer to it.

10. Nehakunal

Nehakunal New IL'ite

Hi.... Am Neha Kulkarni. We are planning to move to Beaverton. Your threds are really useful. Thanks a ton. But can some one give me their email id also. we really dnt know anything abt OR. My hubby will be coming there first. Also his project is at plinth level. So there is not a single person with him on his project. I am very much worried. Initially without car ..not knowing anyone...not having office collegues .... how he will manage.... will smone post their email id pls...and also is it okay to contact u?