1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Port Of Entry For B2 Visitor Visa

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Vedhavalli, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi I'm posting on behalf of my cousin brothers
    Case is my cousin bro1 invited his parents on B2 visitor visa, he sent invitation letter bro2, recently moved to US as student.
    Now his parents wants to visit bro2 first who is in another state. Cousin's Parents was obtained long before cousin2 moved.

What would be the isdues in Port of entry if they land in bro2 place? Instead of bro1's as per invitation letter?

What is needed in case they want to visit bro2 first? Since college's vacation is going

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

At immigration the parents should present passport, I-94, customs form, and an envelope that has a copy of return ticket, with the envelope clearly marked outside "return journey" or something like that. This label would help the immigrationwalla ignore the contents and save time for everyone.

And not answer questions that are not asked. <-- This is a good habit for dealing with any Q&A situation with any government.

What is the purpose of visit ? Who are you visiting ? are the generic questions. Practice brief answers Like "tourism and visiting son at college". No need to provide any more detail than what was asked.