Porfolio management scheme

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by easy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    I am a working woman, i invest n equities but unfortunately i am unale to monitor th market daily to time the buy/sell.Lot of broking agency are offering PMS schemes starting with 5 lakhs(sharekhan) and upwards..ofocurse in that brokerage and profit sharing (20%) criteria is there.. but none of them offer min guarantee /capital protection

is it worth investing thro' PMS in equities and derivatives ..any personal experience/advice would be vey useful for me to make the decision
    thx
    prabha

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Easy

Are you talking about Portfolio Management Tools? or is this kind of like a scheme in India??? Is it used by regular investors or the Financial advisors / planners?

3. Devinaren

Devinaren New IL'ite

Most of these so called PMS are only mean to generate more brokerage and blame the market in case of loss. Several of my clients before joining me had very bad experience with leading stock brokers. Most of the PMS are run by brokers with main aim of generating more brokerage and thereby making profit for themselves and rest if any are given to client. Look for PMS which is not run by brokreage firm. The firm in which I work is one such which is not run by brokerage firm and is client-centric. Please do have a talk with our chief adivser to know what he can offer you.

4. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

thanks devi for your inputs.not sure abt the co u work for?can u suggest me some co. in this field.

Srividya
    iam not talking abt tools..i am talking abt co. actually managing ur investments.

5. Devinaren

Devinaren New IL'ite

Pls do not provide contact#s

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  6. Devinaren

Devinaren New IL'ite

Hi, I am not able able to provide contact details/email id or website here on this forum. I am very sorry, I am helpless. Please do let me know how can I provide you details on PMS.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

You can try subscribing for a PM facility and gift the PM facility to the OP and share the details.