1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Popular Actor Or Actress That You Don't Like At All

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Rihana, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is always a popular actor or actress who is considered very talented and good-looking, movies are a hit, but you just can't stand him or her.

Who is this for you?

Can be a current actor or one from the past.

anika987 likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shahrukh Khan - never could stand him. Not from his TV days of Fauji/Circus and not in hits like Om Shanti Om. I do watch his movies for other reasons but can barely tolerate him.

Manoj Bajpai - an extremely talented actor but something about his mannerisms is annoying.

Raj Kapoor - can't say why. Something fake and "put on" about his look in Mera Naam Joker.

Meryl Streep - Again, hard to say why. I can recognize that she is a great actress but there is something that won't let me choose her movie to watch if I have a choice.

Ramyarc and anika987 like this.
  3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Hmmm, I think Shahrukh and Salman are fake. Don’t know why I feel so now. Used to like them long back.

Kareena, though I don’t hate her, sometimes it gets too cheesy for me :) Kankana, I definitely don’t hate her, but wonders why she keeps doing stuff that may sabotage her career! Sonam Kapoor, I think too dramatic in her talks sometimes..

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

TRISHA KRISHNAN-

Always felt she is overrated.
    Never thought she was a great actress, she is stylish but do not have that personality for an actress,not a great dancer,not so good in comedy,same face expressions in every movie.Nothing stands out.

Her movies worked only because she was smart enough to choose roles which suits her style,simple and not complicated plus compared to other actresses she had a “rich girl look” which probably attracted the audience.

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Another nice thread Rihana!
    Jyothika
    :smash2: I can`t stand watching her, though I have watched her movies for the story and direction.
    Mainly her expressions made me mad. Eventhough she was appreciated by many, not by me.
    Reason unknown.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

totally agree with this one too! If I do not go with the crowd..I will be ripped apart lol so I always used to praise jyothika!

In chandramukhi..more than being possessed she acted like a nut case in some ending scenes.overacting.Sorry to be so brutally honest.Just blurted this out.Ramya krishnan would have nailed it!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

SIMRAN'S dance...I have some idea about dance and hence this..

Honestly never thought she was so good like how people rave about it!!!

Same steps and mostly shaking hip from side to side! that is the most she does and never thought of her as an amazing dancer.

Rambha did not receive her due for dancing.She is actually good and does many steps well.

Indeevara and Rihana like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:one begins to like a person or actor or actress in piecemeal and more exposure of his or her virtues determines whether to like more or less of him or her for their features or and frame.

With this parameter I proceed ahead to discover who are those actors and actresses in "woods" of Holly BOLLI Tolly KOLI & kerala wood.

Talents one thing first I begin to like and then it goes to curve and curvature . But none of them find a place close to my heart as heart is already choc-a-block.

I can't begin to like because majority likes measurement and loves a X. I believe one man's nectar is another woman's poison. A person being liked for variety of reasons - at times selfish, even at some time for no reason... but those who do act or perform deed that causes major good for humanity is always liked by all. Akshya kumar is one such.
    A teasing question of OP ...
    Thanks and regards.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  9. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Ditto, Never liked her! her acting was anything but natural!

Indeevara and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  10. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao::roflmao:True!

vidhyalakshmid and anika987 like this.