1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pop-Up Your Photos.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Yashikushi, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Pop-up,Extrude,Out of bound.......all implies to the same meaning of ...a three-dimensional look.

Sometimes you look at a picture so attractive that it feels as if the scene could just pop right out of the photo . Well,in this tutorial I'll show you how your photos pop up from the original scene.There are atleast ten different ways to get the same effect.Here I've shown you one of the simple,easy way to reach the goal.If you are comfortable with some other,just go head.Selection of source photo(scene with one object )is most important, so if one photo does not give you good results, try it with another until you get what you are looking for.Perspective tranformation and adding shadows to the popup will probably give you best results.Hope this tut will be easy and enjoyable. :thumbsup

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Siraj, nice job!

Hope you have missed attachment for this tutorial..

3. Yashikushi

Thanks Seno...I'm struggling with my system to work fast..some updating are going on....I've posted twice the same blog...hoof........now the attachment is placed in...why don't you have a look for one more time?.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Siraj,
    I downloaded GIMP and added watermarks to my pics as well.
    Thanks a lot for recommending GIMP. Can I follow ur tutorial on GIMP? I'm really interested in layers and manipulation of layers.

5. Yashikushi

GIMP is sometimes suggested as a replacement for the Adobe Photoshop software product.There are significant differences between the two packages. For
    example, GIMP plugins and scripts are not compatible with Photoshop. GIMPs does not support Photoshop plugins, all GIMP's own plugins, filters, brushes, etc. remain
    available. GIMP features offer no or (with the PSPI plug-in) very weak support for plugins designed for Photoshop, such as 8BF filters.GIMP features support for
    8-bit per-channel images, compared to Photoshop's support for 8, 16, and 32-bit per-channel images.
    Its Intelligent Scissors are similar to Photoshop's Magnetic Lasso tool, and some basic tools and filters have identical functionality in both.
    Photoshop contains several productivity features and tools not supported by GIMP, such as native support for Adjustment layers, which are layers that act like
    filters, layer styles and text blending options like drop shadow and glow, undo history "snapshots" that persist between sessions, the history brush tool, folders in
    the layer window.
    GIMP's native XCF file format is not widely supported by other applications, but GIMP can read and write most Photoshop native PSD format files.
    A project called GIMPShop aims to replicate the feel of GIMP so you can use existing Photoshop tutorials without having to buy Photoshop.I admit that it's not as
    good as the PhotoShop example.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Siraj for explaining the differences. I'm still trying to poke about with Gimp. I'll try the 30 day PS trial once I'm done with this.
    Thank you once again for pointing me to Gimp!

L