Poornam for Kozhakattai turned Hard

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by brahan, Sep 17, 2015.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

On occasion of Vinayaka Chathurthi i wanted to make Kozhakattai(Sweet Dumplings). I made the sweet stuffing (poornam) yesterday night (with the ratio of 1.5:1 on Jaggery and Coconut).

It did come out well , I transferred the same in to a container and stored it in Fridge.Today morning when i opened the container, the poornam became so hard that i had to scrape some of them from the container to make Kozhakattai. i did manage to make few for the pooja. I tried making it loosen by adding hot water and also placing the same in a container (with Hot water around), but still not much effect.

Can someone please help me with Ideas to make the poornam in a state by which i can make the Kozhakattai again?

Thanks!!!

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Its normal.Whatever cooked food refrigerated become little hard.
    For retaining back keep them out for some time to reach room temperature,then If needed reheat on stove or microwave.

Here,
    No make over,Keep the stuffing container out.Let it loosen.Done.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  3. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

While re heating make sure the "padham" is not going to "morugal" . Take all the help you could, to make the modakam and fill it with the sweet pooranam before it goes hard again. Make sure that the vessel containing the "mel maavu" is covered by wet cloth to prevent it from drying up. If needed add some more vella paagu to the pooranam instead of hot water alone so that it does not lessen the sweetness of the pooranam. One more thing , Pray Lord Ganesha before doing all this, He will make sure that He gets more yummy kozhukkattai made by you !!ideasmiley yumsmiley

All the best !

Regards,

Pavithra

1 person likes this.
  4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all..Once back from office i am gonna work on Mission Kozhakattai

1 person likes this.