1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Poor eater

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by JayaJ, Oct 25, 2007.

1. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies,

my daughter is nearly 2 years old. she has been a poor eater right from the beginning. Shes growing anaemic and becomes tired if she plays for too long. She doesnt seem well at night becose she doesnt go to sleep on a full stomach. she cries just seeing food or the mere mention of 'mummum' (food)...i have tried giving her fruits, cereals, rice, dhal, boiled veggies, bread...everything, u name it....she doesnt eat at all...she can go for 2 days without eating anything...she doesnt drink milk too.......i am at my wits end!!!!
    I am worried about her growth and development. Can any1 suggest anything at all to improve her appetite?

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Jaya,
    Take her to the Padreatician so that he will give her medicines for appetite. Looks like she is adamant with time you can bring her to eat properly. Many of us face this problem. After a check uo she may become ok. Then you can try and feed her small quantities and gradually increase it. GOOD LUCK. DON'T WORRY.

3. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi
    do u have same age group of kids near ur place??
    then u can take her while feeding time to their place and while playing u can feed her and her friend at same time like playing .it works out
    and one imp thing is dont force them to eat food.
    try different varities and colorful food in the begining .u can take to a park and show her differnrt things in the and talk to her and slowly u try to feed her she will definitly eat (she forgets to reject food while looking at new things around her)
    once her apetite starts she will start eating every thing.
    pls dont use any syrups ,nothing will be usefull,it is only for our satisfaction.

see that u give more nuticious food in little qty,u can give nuts,fruit salad if she doesnt likt milk ,u can give in other ways like prepare any sweets with milk and give her,or prapare chapati with milk,milkshake.
    NOTE..DONT LET HER KNOW THAT IT IS FOOD TIME ,play with her and inbetween u can feed.DONE FORCE TO EAT:notthatway:.
    all the very best.
    bye,
    shashi.