Pooja / shloka / mantra for marriage - Please help

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by MLP1, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Saimya

Saimya Senior IL'ite

MLP1: Firstly thank you to you for kick starting this thread. I too am in the same boat as you. Marriageable age, groom hunting for many years and still single and yes I am an overseas citizen of Indian ethnicity. I am a devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba and thanks to this forum I got to know more about the Siddha Mangala Stotram. My devotion and understanding of Lord Dattatreya has increased:) I believe the Lord will bless girls like us with the desired husband of our choice. I believe in timing and I am sincerely thankful to Baba that I am not with the wrong guy but at least single and happy now.
    I would like to know from you please where to get the Rukmini Kalyanam book overseas? Do you read the book from online or a hard copy?
    Would really appreciate your reply:)
    Thank you so much

1 person likes this.
  2. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

MLP1
    Read your message. Will address what you wrote in separate messages so I can get to 10 quickly so my PMs could be enabled.
    Dreaming about a Deity or a realized soul is outstanding. This can only happen when our minds are pure and our intentions are honorable. Consider yourself blessed.
    Your statement that says ' I WAS a devoteee of......such and such' is not necessarily a good way of looking at it. :). You might not have meant it but when you said 'was' it implies you are no longer a devotee of the mentioned deities. But please let me clarify a salient point so you don't get hooked to multiplicity in creation. Actually reading two of the 9 major upanishads is a great start understand creation but you might already know about it.
    I will simply write one sentence to see if you can make sense out of it.
    Parabrahma(Supreme Intelligence or Purusha) > Shakti/Mother(representing prakruti)> Devatas(Brahma(chaturmukha), Vishnu, Maheshwara.........) .....> rest of the devatas.
    In Niralamba upanishad there's a beautiful sentence 'ekoham bahusyam'. Purusha even though he's one and only one(adwiteeya; ekamevadwiteeyam brahma; ayam aatma brahma) through 'universal mother' created many versions of itself(for lack of a better explanation sorry). Even though he's one and only one this desire or thought(un-explainable why and why questions to me are endless loop questions which don't lead to any concrete answers) in him that 'he wants to be many'. Then once he entered the human he created through the skull, he temporarily forgets who he really is. But this doesn't meant there was any vikalp to his original nature;it still is, was and will ever remain the same; that's why one of the names we name is 'achyuta'. There's no chyuti to his pada even though creates through his own maya. ' Ekemevaadwityeeyamsannaama roopa vivarjitam........)
    Having said that everything no matter what you call is one and the same. So if you for any reason were devoted to Lalithamba or Shrisaibaba, never ever leave that attitude. Even though your desire to worship Lord Dattatreya is huge now, please make sure you see lord dattatreya in them and them in Lord Dattatreya. Whatever you worship, worship with an attitude of worshipping guru swaroop; this paves the way for moksha. I hope I didn't come across as harsh and if I ever did, please forgive me.
    Next response in another message. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
    Thanks
    JS

1 person likes this.
  3. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

Hello again MLP1,
    About Shridhar Swamiji - He's verily an avatar of Lord Dattatreya. Very, very, very few people on earth can remain as and maintain naishthik brahmacharya. To make the entire story chart(I could write pages here about sadguru) he through jnana yoga and bhakti yoga(chanting rama chaturdashakshari mantra) in Sajjangad's Shri Samarth Ramadas sannidhi, was enlightened in his early 20s. He was born on Lord Dattatreya's bday right at the time Shri Datta's pallakki was in front of his parents house where he was born. I have known and seen so many people who go to Varadapur/Varadalli to seek blessings at his samadhi and getting what they want. He's veritably a kalpawrisksh in this kaliyug. These days every day there are at least 2 to 10k devotees who are also fed free after they go there for blessings. I can give you his major mantra if you are interested or you can chant it 27 times before you begin Lord Datta's anusthan.
    Thanks so much
    JS

1 person likes this.
  4. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

MLP1
    Will give you specific info about anusthana method shortly. I won't be addressing much about Shridhar Swamiji or Shri Raghavendra swamiji in this message. You don't have to chant the entire stotra or even a part of stotra. There are other ways to make it sulabh and sugam. You can always invoke Lord Balajis mantra at the beginning of your anusthana after you pray to Lord Ganesha. It's normal for us humans to get hooked on multiplicity and start to worry and pick over this deity or the other. So as I mentioned earlier, always worship any deity as sadguru for sadgati.
    Thanks
    JS

1 person likes this.
  5. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

MLP1
    REgarding your question on LOA. First we have to understand the three types of karma(if I'm wrong here I hope someone who knows better corrects me).
    Agami
    Sanchita
    Prarabdha
    Agami is the one that's yet to come in the future. Sanchita is the sum-total you have accumulated so far. Prarabdh is that karma you decided to spend/work out in this sojourn. Even though there's a saying that no one can overcome prarabdh, that's not necessarily true. What prarabdh does though is to keep creating situations in your life to live by default to face what you originally came here for in this specific sojourn. If we totally begin to accept prarabdh as inevitable then there will be no hope in life unless our prarabdh is ideal and it will never be perfect or anyone. Within prarabdh there are three parts and I'm yet to learn about it. One of those three parts is something which one can change by focusing on one's present, and raise our vibrational frequency towards divinity. And as you keep evolving with good thoughts you can even effect the other part of prarabdh. This is what gives us hope in any life :)
    Now there have been so many cases where association with a holy soul resulted in changing one's current prarabdh; this association could also be in your own heart for Lord Dattatreya and it all depends upon how you rise up from your current default level and anything is possible mind you. There are cases where a current bad prarabdh karma was postponed. I remember reading about Shri Ramana Maharishi where he held his dying mother in his arms and accelerated all her future lives in matter of minutes. YOu see even those realized souls, once they get moksha, they will keep their bodies to work out prarabdha in their last sojourn(last if only they wish); but they wont accumulate new karma once they get enlightenment.
    So you your intention or sankalp can be utilized momenty by moment to create karma of choice and not by default. If one falls into fatalistic attitude for what could or could not happen due to one's prarabdh there won't be an hope to live. I don't think we humans have been wired that way. The moment we have desires we also have been gifted with the keys to fulfill them. The word desire, means 'de sire' means of the father. Each moment life offers us choices whether to raise ourselves or to live the way of default. This is why its so important to do swadhyaya, satsang, etc because those moments/hours/days/weeks/years of unawareness which could lead to living prarabdh can be altered.
    Shridharjee says, 'that supreme purusha who decided to give you ekachakradipathya(king of kings/queen of queens; whatever floats your boat) would never be challenged to give you little things like land(zamindari) or fulfil other desires'.
    I want to end this message with a quote ' Rama mantrartha vijnani jeevan muktonasanshayah- from a conversation between Anjaneya and Sanaka"
    Regards
    JS

I want to make a full disclosure here: 'whatever I have written here is my own humble opinion. No one who reads it need to accept it. On the other hand it's always wise to learn and then reflect, meditate and experience things and then conclude whether they work or they dont. Either way is alright for everyone creates their own reality.

1 person likes this.
  6. Saimya

Saimya Senior IL'ite

Just to clarify do I perform the Rukmini kalyanam vrat for 21 days or 40 days? Also do I read only the Rukmini Sandesh ( letter to Sri Krishna) or the stories in Rukmini kalyanam? I am fluent in English and Tamil, living overseas outside India and it's hard to find the Rukmini kalyanam book. I would really appreciate if someone can kindly advise me many thanks!!

1 person likes this.
  7. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

Hi Saimya,
    Sorry; someone actually posted a pdf of that book in another link long ago. Here's the link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...9-need-rukmini-kalyanam-book.html#post3674426

Regarding the duration of vrat I'm not sure 40 days is the way to go. But whatever you do, do it with 100% commitment, devotion and self-surrender.
    Here's a copy of that book available. Not sure I'm allowed to post a link here.
    Rukmini kalyanam. With an English introd. by P.P.S. Sastry (Sanskrit Edition) [COLOR=#555555 !important](Sanskrit)

[COLOR=#555555 !important]Paperback[/COLOR] [COLOR=#555555 !important]– May 17, 2010[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    by son of rinivasa o Rajacudamani Diksita
    IT's listed at US $22 and change ; second hand book is listed at $5.99.
    It's listed on amazon

I know about Rukmini Kalyanam and Sandesh but I don't know of anyone who actually did it and got results. There must be many here on the forum who could be of better help than me.
    Regards
    S

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  8. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

@Saimya,

I agree with you one hundred percent. God is making you wait for the right guy and you'll be glad He did, because in the end you will realize that your husband was well worth the wait. Hang in there and do not let any sort of negativity near you, like @JShreenath said.

Regarding your question about Rukmini Kalyanam, here is what I know. It comprises Chapters 52 to 54 of the Srimad Bhagavatam. If you decide to complete it within 21 days, you may have to say about 15 slokas everyday.

In particular, 7 verses are important. These words are supposed to be magical and must be said everyday:

Rukmini Sandesa|Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa|Canto 10 |Lord Krishna | Vaishnav Songs

This is what I know. Please refer to the specific thread on Indusladies for this. If you have any questions, I am happy to answer. I am no authority but will do my best.

Thanks,
    MLP1

9. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

@JShreenath, thank you for your detailed responses. I have replied via PM.

10. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

MLP1
    I got your messages and answered your questions. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubts. Once it works for you, please make sure you help as many people as you can whether it's for someone wanting to get married, or having a baby or doing well in school, etc. etc.
    We come to earth only for two reasons:
    a)To realize our true nature and live it while being in this body(shokh bhung nirunkush tripti)
    b)Teach and help others to do the same. Often teaching could begin by helping others to get those things that are part of dharma, artha and kama. That could set up an intense desire for moksha.
    Chat with you soon
    S

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.