1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pooja for the mouse

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by umaakumar, Feb 4, 2016.

1. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

I am not writing this to hurt anyone feelings. It happened, and to me it felt very funny and so I thought would share.

Mine is a small office and I am the only employee in the Bangalore office. One small part of his house is converted to office.

My boss kept cribbing about the numerous wires that run under his table to connect the various electronic items that we use every day. He kept insisting on buying a wireless keyboard and mouse. But somehow things did not happen as he was particular that this has to be bought in Tamilnadu and not Karnataka. So I called our Salem office and told them to buy one and since my boss was going there told them to hand it over to him when he comes. So on Tuesday my boss returned from Salem and handed over the mouse and keyboard to me. He was rushing for a meeting and left. On his leaving I opened the package removed the wired mouse and keyboard and connected the wireless one.

In the evening my boss returned and saw the new mouse and keyboard. He immediately said “why did you connect this now ? Everything should be done at a good time only” I was like thinking “What good time to connect a mouse and keyboard!!!!”.:crazy Next morning (Wednesday) when I came to office the new mouse and keyboard were missing from his table. I did not ask where it went. My boss was working with his laptop and the PC in his house. Same routine on Thursday. Then when I came to office on Friday, the new mouse and keyboard were kept in the pooja shelf with flowers on it. I asked my office boy why it was there. He said “Sir has told me to keep it there”

It was then I realized since it was inaugurated at an inauspicious time, my boss was doing pooja to take away the sin. :rotfl This was the reason for not using his system in office for 2 days.

I still laugh about it.

FYI: My boss is not so pious. But only drama at times

5 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Didn't he check out the Rahu kaalam using the "Mother Saw Father ...... " formula? Could not help what would help if a few insects, dust or petals shook off their base and got well ensconsed in between the keys of the keyboard!

3. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Very wise! There should be also horoscope matching among mouse, keyboard, your boss and you!

3 people like this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

That was so funny. Sin for using mouse at non auspicious time?? Thank god he didnt do abhishegam and aradhana to the mouse and keyboard.
    Just curious to know Did he apply chandan, kumkum before using??

1 person likes this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl

First time hearing...
    Hope he is not in IL...

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Well said Uma,
    There are many people like your boss who look for good times free of Rahu, kulikai, ashtami, navami etc even for simple things like drinking coffee or taking a bath.Thank God the Pooja was only for 2 days! God save the mouse!

Agatha83

1 person likes this.
  7. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma
    Though Hearing for the first time .. Just check whether it is bringing him any additional luck and his system turning to be working much better than before :2thumbsup:

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Uma dear for entertaining us with your snippet and bringing a smile on our face

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Umakumar you have no reverence for the mouse. It is named afterf the mount of Lord Ganesha, the remover of all obstacles. So it is only fair that it gets worshipped like its master. If your boss had called a priest and performed a Yagna,for mooshika, things would have been really auspicious. Om mooshikaya namah.,

4 people like this.
  10. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Infact when I saw the title on the recent posts box, that is what I exactly thought, but never thought about the tech device....:rotfl