1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ponniyin Selvan

Discussion in 'Books & Authors in Regional Languages' started by kalar, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rpvardhini

rpvardhini New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I recently joined in IL. As I went thru the forums I saw Book lovers and searched for Ponniyin Selvan. Becos I am mad about Ponniyin Selvan:wow and I have read it more than 15 times. I feel myself a part of it. I am very happy :cheersto see lots of people love it even after 58 years of its publication.

Vandhiyathevan, Alwarkkadiyan, Arulmozhi varman, Kundhavai....all are my favourites...

Amarar Kalki is aptly called Amarar becos he always lives with such a wonderful contribution "PONNIYIN SELVAN"! Hats off to him:bowdown

Regards,
    Vardhini

2. sarasthara

sarasthara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vids,

I am searching for sivakamiyin sapadham e-book for longtime & i am very happy that you having it can you share sivakamiyin sapadham with me.

waiting for ur reply:)

3. rpvardhini

rpvardhini New IL'ite

Dear sarasthara,

I have the e-book of Sivagamiyin sabatham in pdf format. I am attaching the file with this post. If this doesn't work out you can download the same from various sites. just type sivagamiyin sabatham pdf in google and search. So many sites provide them.

Happy reading!:thumbsup

Bye:)
    Vardhini.

Attached Files:

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    happy to see so many kalki fans here. ponniyin selvan is his master piece. you can never forget VANDHIYITHEVAN,azhvarkkadian, kundhavai, nandhini, wow!! all characters are still in our hearts. the way he described the roads of uraiyur, trichy need to be mentioned. Parthiban kanavu is also his novel.
    with love
    pad

5. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

i badly wanted to read it for 1) i am big lover of books 2) my husband recommended it strongly (he is not a reader at all, but is crazy about only this PS). but couldnt get a copy. i read it online and should admit that i couldnt enjoy it that way. i saw a copy in library, so targetting to get it for this year, let us see :)
    couple of questions didnt have any answer like who killed aditya karikalar, who is nandini's dad... but that is where the punch by kalki, kudos!! i liked the manimekalai character very much

6. gayattrivenkat

gayattrivenkat New IL'ite

hi even i've read ps in my college days and used to dream of the incidents.it's just a great book

7. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

hello friends,
    I have read PS more than 10 times and every time i read i enjoyed it soooooooooooooooooo much that i really go inti that story and tension builds up .i like vadhiyadevan and alvarkadian characters .
    have anyoone read Kalvanin kadali by kalki.can anyone tell we where to download that b=novel.
    thanks in advance
    priya

8. ramyasundar

ramyasundar Junior IL'ite

Re: Ponniyin Selvan - Best book i have ever read

its a beautiful historical noverl,

once u finished dis novel, if u start reading again the freshness of the story remains.,

i dont know how the author has done this great work, not only this novel, his other works are sivgaamiyin sabatham, paarthiban kanavu, alai osai, etc.,

i finished ponniyin selvan & paarthiban kanavu,

now i started reading of sivagaamiyin sabatham,

dear jenz,

i seen ur post, that the launch of just for women, even i heard that but i dont know, how to get?

cheers,
    ramyasundar

9. veenavivek

veenavivek New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Ponniyin selvan is a master piece.you know i was hooked to this book when i was just 16 years old and even after 12 years ...the impact of this book made me name my son Rakshith Varman after our superb hero Arul mozhi varman.:)so nice to meet some friends who love this book,

regards
    veena

10. Nilaraseegan

Nilaraseegan Bronze IL'ite

Yeah its a awesome novel...How would one forget "Vanthiya Devan"!!

If possible read Sandilyan's
    1.Evana Rani
    2.Kadal pura

Akilan's

Vengaiyin mainthan.