1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Polycystic ovary

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by geetu14384, Jul 27, 2011.

1. geetu14384

geetu14384 New IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    I am married for 1.5 years. I and my DH planned for a baby now. Recently when i went to doctor,
    Doctor told me i have polycystic ovary and i will have to be under medication to get conceived.
    Is anybody aware of this , can anybody suggest me what should i do.
    I underwent Thyroid , harmone and blood test, Report was normal, but i am obese.
    My Doctor is constantly insisting me to reduce weight, I have started working on it also.
    Can anybody share me some tips for reducing the weight and also any specific diet that should be followed for polycystic ovarians. You inputs will help me gain confidence , please respond.
    I m really very very upset after hearing that i have polycystic ovary.

2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Dont worry geetu i m also having polycystic ovaries and i m also obese. Most of the girls are now suffering from this and it is curable. U have to reduce weight and take medications properly to get rid of it.

Some of the tips which i follow:
    1. Start with hotwater and through out the day drink mild hot water
    2. Eat Proteins at breakfast. but i could not prepare breakfast seperately for me. So i m eating Kellogs K
    3. After noon also avoid rice
    4. Eat very less at night

Go for walking. Avoid junk foods and sweet temporarily to reduce weight. There are many threads here motivating for weight reduction. Join in it and get advise from the our IL friends.
    I have seen many of my friends get conceived after poly cystic treatment.

Take care.

3. geetu14384

geetu14384 New IL'ite

Hi LLavanya,

Thanks for your reply, r u under treatment for polycystic ovary? if so, which doctor do u go? Please tell me.. I m currently seeing a doctor in Apollo Hospital, but i m not satisfied with her, she is not kind to patience, she is very dominating, arrogant and authoritative. I dont feel comfortable to talk out my problems to her. Twice she mis guided me in taking a tablet and an injection. After the course of medicine was over, she told i had followed the wrong instructions, She doesnt even take some time to explain the protocol to eat a tablet. After the cycle is over, she says the medicine should have been taken based on a protocol. I feel so low. Is my body a machine to her to do all trails, she often says me to take tablets, injections and undergo scan, but in vain? At first, she should be able to explain me in calm, how i should follow the medication, she does everything in a hurry and later puts the blame on me for not following her instructions. I feel so hurt, i m planning to change the doctor now. Please suggets. I stay in Chennai, at Ashok Pillar. Please help me.

4. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Hey Geetu.. I was also diagnosed with Poly Cystic ovary before I got pregnant. I was asked to control my diet and reduce weight as I was also obese.
    Regarding the medication, I was asked to take metformin hudrochloride (Glyciphage tablets) twice a day
    With the timely advice from my doc and by God's grace I conceived at the end of that very cycle!!
    If you are looking to change a doctor, you can try Dr M.A Lakshmi at Gunasekaran Nursing Home in T.Nagar
    She is very good, patient and doesnt scare you easily. Since you are in Ashok Pillar it wont be far off too. I would strongly recommend her

5. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi Geetu,

I am very sad about treatment. Dont go there then. We have to solve our problem with doctor and should not create further more. k Leave. Past is past. try with some other doctor. But dont worry, Everything will have solution. Pray and chant Garbharakshamibigai slogan. GO FOR BRISK WALKING FOR 1HOUR. This is what my doctor suggests. I am staying in Nandanam..

Yes i m taking treatment. I ll tell u my story. I was 55 kgs before 4 years, later on it get increased increased and came to 68 during marriage. After marriage, (1.5 years went after marriage), i m not 81 kg. This is because of polycystic ovaries. I am working and sitting in a place for longer time, which could be one of the reason. I went Doctor Sangeetha Vishweswar, She is also in appolo, She is very good doctor, polite and replies all our query. She asked me to take tablet for 6 months, but in between i got accute sinus and i m taking homeopathy treatment. I am taking for polycystic in that. Meet that doctor. She is also having private clinic near Sivaji ganesan house. She is also working for venkateswara hospitals. My friend and her sister consulted with this doctor and they are really satisfied. She tries max for normal delivery. If get a chance meet her. It will be nearer to you also.

6. geetu14384

geetu14384 New IL'ite

Hi Mathu and Lavanya,

Thanks for your reply . There are few more days left out for this cycle for me. i will wait and hope for positive results. From this cycle i m planning to change the doctor, probably i might try M.A.Lakshmi as mentioned by mathu.
    You girls have any idea about Anuradha clinic in Tnagar, Dr. Rukmini Sourirajan or Dr. Anitha. If you are aware please give me some inputs.

7. geetu14384

geetu14384 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am posting here after a long time. I am on TTC from past 1 year. I am still on medication and have tried all kinds of treatments. I hit the gym twice a day,i m on a proper diet, but my weight has not reduced. It sucks..........
    above that this is my second cycle of IUI and today the pregnancy test shows negative. i m irritated to the core.....I dont understand why GOD is denying me a kid.........i m frustrated really..............

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Geetu, [​IMG] Do not get frustrated as that feeling is not going to help you but only worsen the chances. There is a separate TTC forum under pregnancy section where you can see motivational threads. Do not lose hope.

Keep your mind calm by deviating it on your hobbies or prayers. Keep the thing off your mind and be casual. You can try simultaneously but never stress yourself thinking you should conceive immediately because that thought itself put lot of stress on you which is not good. You will conceive soon. There are many ILites who had such problems still conceived successfully. Go through their success story. God Bless You. Lots of baby dust to you. [​IMG]

9. geetu14384

geetu14384 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot. My frustration increased because i quit my job 6 months back, only to concentrate on child birth..... each and every month my expectation and my hope is smashed into pieces when i get my periods.

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

after busy working days, if you sit at home, it will bring such feelings. Try to deviate your mind by developing hobbies which will infact help you in becoming mother soon as when you involve yourself in a favourite hobby, it will relax your mind, help prepare the body ready for motherhood :)