Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ashna, Sep 21, 2006.

Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mohanawalambe

Mohanawalambe New IL'ite

My daughter takes spiranolactone keeps the hirsutism in check and periods&wt controlled

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Dear Mohana,

Thanks for your detailed reply. What's the name of this doctor, who can me met in Vellore CMC. I have PCO and Iam having Metformin thrice a day along with Folic acid. But Iam overweight. You've mentioned that your daughter has spiranolactone, is this same as Metformin? Is there is any surgical cure for PCO other that the usual tablets? Please advice.

3. Mohanawalambe

Mohanawalambe New IL'ite

He is the chief endocrinologist, Dr M seshadri. Spiranalactone is same as aldactone It is not metformin, which a diuretic .or any of that group metformin is used in diabetes also, the incidence of diabetes is very high in pcod.

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Dear Mohana,

Thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply. May I have the doctors email address please. It would be of great help. Iam trying my best to get rid of this PCO's. Kindly help me........Best wishes

5. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am another unlucky girl with pcos. I heard metformin prevents 45% of miscarriages. I wish it is 100% :-(

6. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi team

I had a miscarriage in Dec 06. After that my periods were very regular but the discharge slowed down gradually, that I had very little on the 3rd day. My weight also gradually increased from 56 to 72 kgs. My periods stopped from July 24. I thgt I conceived, dint do the home pregnancy test, went to doc, but disappointed to find out a negative result for pregnancy. I am diagonise for PCOS. My gynaec gave me Progestrone drug orally.But my periods dint resume. Now I am having meprate (2 tabs after food ), hoping that i will get my periods. Losing weight is another. Doin my gym regularly, but able to lose only 2 kg. So PLS WATCH UR WEIGHT AND PERIODS. If there is very less flow and added weight, pls analyse and consult gynanec.

Very depressed and feeling low.Added to my anxiety, ppl say there is no permanent cure for PCOS. Has any1 conceived after PCOS. Pls guide

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  7. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Ridgemma,

Conceiving with PCO's is very difficult but at the same time it's not impossible. Glad, that you've chosen this forum to share your inner feelings. Don't be depressed & worried all the time. It's good that you've started with gym exercises. Which is great. I've heard exercise helps to get back the periods.

Thanks for alerting us that increase in weight and Less flow will even stop periods. This is an important piece of information. Even Iam overweight and my flow is just normal (will end in 3rd day), I've noticed that my flow has been reduced only after my weight increase.

Are you having any medication for PCO ?

8. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi Aabhi

thanks for the console. It was very soothing.:)

Now I have got my periods after taking meprate. It was such a relief that I got it after 3 months.I suffered cramps in my lower abs and legs with heavy flow, but the thought that I got my periodsput me at ease. Further I consulted the doc.She has prescribed letroz (2 tabs after food in nite) for healthy egg release till the 9th day. And I need to take a scan on the 9th day to check for egg release and condition of cysts. I am hopeful now. :smile:

Aabhi, Do check with your gynaec . Even I was having less or no flow on 3rd day. I had teh same symptoms as urs,over weight and less flow. I used to be happy abt it but now I am paying for it.

9. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks ridge,

Good to know that you've got your period and you are under the medicative cycle now. Please have the tablet and I wish the eggs to grow healthily and release. All the best for your 9th day scan. I know, what you must be going through. Especially when you are in the process, you expectation level is high. I hope you conceive within this cycle itself and would like to see you in the PREGNANCY forum.

As far as me, yes I've consulted the gynac and she has advised me to reduce loads of weight..........which Iam trying to. She has guaranteed that weight loss would give positive results. Let's see. My problem is my WILL power, I cannot motivate myself more than 5, 6 days and so I fall back. Then I start, then fall...... and its keep on going. I had to put an end to it.

Let's stay in touch.

10. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Aabhi, When u r feeling not motivated, restrict to mild exercises (just treadmill and cycle, or rowing), but don't fail to go to gym daily, bcoz just being there itself makes a lotsa difference. Make it a point to visit daily. There are mild workouts which can be done during periods also. Hope ur trainer will also help u in this. For me ab crunches helped me to reduce my waist line.Me too struggled with body pain and cramps after gym, but now when people notice that I have reduced, it feels good, dude.

JUST BE THERE AT THE GYM, Aabhi. You can do it.

Luv

Ridge