Poll: Betrayal

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 9, 2008.

The Filmfare Award for Best Actor should have gone to

Poll closed May 8, 2008.
  1. Shaheed Kapoor - Jab We Met

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Shahrukh Khan - Chak De

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

The Filmfare Award Function got over last week. This award is the most coveted one and all Bollywood actors vie for it with their talent. Though every passing year, I never raised any doubts on the judges decision of giving out the awards. This year - 2007 - 2008 Filmfare betrayed my trust.

The Best Actor Award went to Shahrukh Khan for Chak De.

I am not at all convinced with the juries decision. I personally feel Shaheed Kapoor deserved it for his excellent performance in Jab We Met.

Shahrukh is one of my favourite actors of Bollywood, but injustice is what Malspie cannot tolerate. I want to have your opinions, there are many out there in this site who may or may not agree with me. So lets poll in ..

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Though i totally agree with you , but theres hardly anything you can do about the Khaleed -Shahrukh tie.Khaleed Mohammad has always given preference to Shahrukh despite great actors showing better performances. Even Aamir quit Awards because he missed out the award for Rangeela in which his performance was splendid to Shahrukh for a flop film called Ram Jaane. That is a pathetic situation now isnt it!!

Regards,

Devika

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Devika for stepping in.

I am one of the greatest fan of Shahrukh, but, this time around I felt a pinch when he got the award. I whole heartedly felt Shaheed deserved it for his role in Jab We Met. A lover every woman would desire for, a husband every woman would look out for, a friend every woman would die for, was the portray of Shaheed in Jab We Met. The punching dialogues, the intense acting, the emotional stress, the flowing love made him deserve the best actor award.

Chak De had a theme, but Jab We Met rocked. Kareena equally deserved the best actress award and she did take it but Shaheed was left back. That was not fair. Shaheed's towering performance in this movie made me also look up to him as an actor inspite of him being in the industry for many years.

Jab We Met rocked with Shaheed and Kareena.

Love to see you again Devika.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals
    I totally agree with you I think Shaheed Kapoor's acting in Jab we met is much much better then what Shahrukh Khan has done in Chak de.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

So you also agree that Shaheed Rocked in Jab We Met. Thanks for casting your vote friend.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals angel
    I dont know about these movies and the awards. But dont you think such partiallity and politics should not be involved in arts ? Its truly a shame. They should probably do it more jury like style or academy awards pattern too?? what do you say?

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear AC Honey,

There are juries, voting poll, but finally the award goes to the wrong person. I have never doubted the juries, but, this time I was pretty upset.Why should it be Shahrukh khan all the time? Chak De.. had a good script and he was enacting the script whilst Jab We Met was another love story in which two stalwarts gave their best shot and made it successful. Yes, the dialogue writer does take the cake and he won the award, the actress too won an award but Shaheed was left behind. His performance was very heart touching and it was neglected. No wonder, another power pack performer Aamir Khan never attends any award function.

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,
    Only last weekend I watched Jab We Met. Believe me... I never used to like Kareena and her acting, but I was so impressed with her acting and same thing with Shaheed... he is such a active guy and he jumps like spring... and the movie was so good.
    I too second your opinion here.

Regards.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Puni,

Both Shaheed and Kareena were never in my fav. actors list. after Jab We Met, they made notice them again and again. As you have rightly said, he is a very good dancer and "Nagada, Nagada" was superbly choreographed.Shaheed is a student ot Shiamak Davar so dancing is in his blood. Whilst acting is concerned he surprised all the actors of bollywood with his towering performance.

Thanks for writing in dear Puni.

10. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

I agree with you. Shahrukh's acting i find it very monotonous...nothing very interesting...but Shahid wasw brilliant in JWM.

We are not movie buffs...but luckily i had seen these 2 as my MIL wanted to see them.

Roopa.