Politics: Driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sushmamohapatra, Jul 5, 2010.

1. sushmamohapatra

sushmamohapatra Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am a soft. engg working with a service provider organisation for Banking industry. Had been in this domain since 5+ yrs now. I changed my job only once. My ex-collegues from prev organisation are wrking wid me in this organisation too. This org. being a newly started one, ppl are given high designations due to which they have got lot of ego! Also, one of my colleague has same no. of yrs of work-ex, but he is given a higher designation than mine. This colleague played all tricks to spoil my reputation in the company so that I dont come upto his level. There is no difference in my domain knowlegde and his. But the way he has caused harm to my image has affected me badly. He asked all team memeber to ignore my tasks assigend to them (I am Team Lead), he misguides me by sayong wrong stuff, if he is making decisions on my prj he doesnt inform me neither informs our Head due to which my Head writes insulting emails marking this guy! :rant. My Head too knows the kind of games this guy is playing and is supporting him, but pretends infront of me as if he doesnt know anything! But behind they laugh and make fun out of my situation. x-(. I tried confronting and telling them that they did wrong. Thought of going to the MD (as this is small firm I can go and speak). But when the Head himself is supporting this guy he will cook some story and kick me out of the organisation. I am clueless what to do.

I am extremely fed up of all this and also I am on the verge of quiting, but dont have a job in hand. I cannot afford to lose a job right now without having another one. This is getting onto my nerves.

Please help me out to handle such ppl. :hide:

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Sushma,
    Don't be sad. You already have 5+ years of experience. Why don't you speak to him directly? If he has any issues with you, get his written mail on the issues he is facing from you. Don't be harsh but deal with this diplomatically. If you have any ethical concern speak to your HR. Also, there is no harm in speaking to your MD and try to make him aware of happenings in work.

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I would suggest you to ignore these politics and concentrate on getting a new job. Everyday, just go, do your work and come back. No plans or future ambitions for future career in this company. This will lessen your stress and help you concetrate on your interview preparations. Once you land a job opportunity, give it back in full when someone plays dirty.

Everytime someone plays dirty politics on you, you can brush it off thinking that you will be out of this mess after more few days.

So just ignore and concentrate on interviews for now.

-Lakshmi